• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting dizzy approaching a girl you don't know.

Tony Ramirez

Single. Friends. Ostracism sucks.
V.I.P Member
This happened today at evening church. We had a out of normal one time evening service somewhere else at a smaller venue. During the greeting I was eying a woman to greet but she was too far away.

So during the greetings. I turned back and spotted someone I know and greeted her and then behind her I spotted a cute attractive blonde woman who when I came near smiled at me with a cute smile so I said hi nervous. I suddenly felt dizzy and I nearly lost my balance as I was standing up and she was sitting down. I did have low blood pressure for a couple of months due to medication I am off now for two weeks and my MD said my pressure is back to normal.

So anyway, I asked her how long she been coming here, she said about three weeks. She giggled a few times cutely when I said I was coming four years. We only talked briefly then I walked away and had to sit down.

After service she did smile at me again and say goodbye and I said goodbye. But really is it normal to actually get dizzy around a cute girl?

A mild adrenaline rush is a normal effect of nervousness. Dizziness is a possible result.
Low blood pressure can cause dizziness.

A general suggestion.
As far as I know you can't make nervousness "just go away", but it can be managed.
In this order: Relax your body (this is easy, but you might have to learn it); Control the rate and depth of your breathing (also easy); and Calm your mind (not as easy, but rapid early improvement is possible).

This is suitable for an adrenaline rush too, but I don't think it's possible to self-clear the adrenaline from your body by any other means than staying calm and waiting it out.

This happened today at evening church. We had a out of normal one time evening service somewhere else at a smaller venue. During the greeting I was eying a woman to greet but she was too far away.

So during the greetings. I turned back and spotted someone I know and greeted her and then behind her I spotted a cute attractive blonde woman who when I came near smiled at me with a cute smile so I said hi nervous. I suddenly felt dizzy and I nearly lost my balance as I was standing up and she was sitting down. I did have low blood pressure for a couple of months due to medication I am off now for two weeks and my MD said my pressure is back to normal.

So anyway, I asked her how long she been coming here, she said about three weeks. She giggled a few times cutely when I said I was coming four years. We only talked briefly then I walked away and had to sit down.

After service she did smile at me again and say goodbye and I said goodbye. But really is it normal to actually get dizzy around a cute girl?

I am happy for you. You should keep going to that church. God is bringing something good in your life.
It is normal and also she might really like you.
Guess you will have to keep going to find out.

I never became dizzy, but as I got a little better at approaching women sometimes I was still expecting rejection and would trip over my own words. The time that I approached a woman that I did not know I was very calm . . . as I was calling her to arrange car pooling to a trail maintence project and since she lived 5 hours away I was treating it as a simple transaction thinking that nothing was going to come of it. Little did I know that we were to be friends and lovers and married within a year.

Sounds like anxiety.

1695002750464.png

It's very interesting because while I never experienced ill balance issues around women, I did and do get quite nervous and break out in sweat, as well as an irregular heartbeat. I don't know what causes this phenomenon.

I am terribly uncomfortable around - what I perceive as good looking men.

For me, I go cruely bright red and shake and over heat and then, I stutter like made and become even clumsier than usual.

I hate meeting good looking me and much to my chagrin, my own dr is good looking! :rolleyes:

Too tell the truth this is the first time this has ever happened to me. As for sweating. I do that, but the place was heavenly air conditioning even though it was cool outside so I could not sweat.

I have always been uncomfortable encountering ANYONE I don't know if it's "up close", but I have never gotten dizzy or sweaty or had racing heart. I had decided as an early teen that with my touch aversion and social as well as physical awkwardness, that romance wasn't something in the picture for me. So interacting with females, no matter how attractive they might appear, was just like interacting with males for me. They're just another unfamiliar person, and I really didn't like interacting with unfamiliar people.

New Threads

Top Bottom