• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Geology

Jada Sekai

I have a new hobby: collecting rocks! I used to collect when I was a kid, but I stopped because of an embarrassing reason. Today I have collected 6 pretty rocks. One is shaped like a heart, one is green and smooth, one is tiny, another is small, one is medium, and one is white with black spots. I'm going to the store with my mom and dad this weekend, so I decided to buy a small pretty box when I go there. I'm also studying about rocks. I'm going to see if there are any workbooks or reading books that I can learn from since I love reading and writing, as well as comprehension.

What are your hobbies?

I have a new hobby: collecting rocks! I used to collect when I was a kid, but I stopped because of an embarrassing reason. Today I have collected 6 pretty rocks. One is shaped like a heart, one is green and smooth, one is tiny, another is small, one is medium, and one is white with black spots. I'm going to the store with my mom and dad this weekend, so I decided to buy a small pretty box when I go there. I'm also studying about rocks. I'm going to see if there are any workbooks or reading books that I can learn from since I love reading and writing, as well as comprehension.

What are your hobbies?
Believe it or not i actually collect rocks. My collection got so big i had to put them in my garden. I used to come across stones all the time whilst out with my dog and then id take them home and display them in my house. Every rock holds a memory for me. i often take my dog on a walk to areas where i know there are lots of stones. I end up walking home with a rucksack full of pebbles and stones. Sometimes i feel bad for taking so many away from their home. I also find nice rocks and even fosils at work when digging.

Im fascinated by stone and how its formed. Different colours and patterns shapes and textures. When i find a nice pebble from a river or stream i see beauty that most dont. An ancient material made by nature. My freinds think im sad for collecting rocks and it used to bother me. Now i dont care what they think. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. They should just collect them instead!:p

Its the reason i love my job so much. Im a stonemason and i work with stone every day. Im proud of what i do and i enjoy it. I could talk about geology all day.

Keep collecting them. It also encourages you to go out and explore the countryside.

I was always fascinated with the one of the last episodes of the miniseries called "From The Earth To The Moon". The episode where a professor of geology was assigned to train the astronauts to scientifically assess in real time the moon rocks they were to bring back, apart from analyzing the surface of the moon. To double as scientists every bit as they were astronauts. And it worked. :cool:

Every rock whether plain or not has a whole lot of science to it.

Last edited:
@Dan Dan
I'm not a stone mason, but, aside from that, you're post sounds just like me.
I've collected rocks since I was a child in AZ
I go to gem and mineral shows and if I have the money
and find a nice display piece I'll buy it.
I've even quite a few meteorites I've found myself.

I never grow tired of how they form, what they are composed of and I learn about everyone I can. Type, name, properties, composition, why the colours, and I loved how you said each one holds a memory.
Exactly and a story.

There are books and places on-line you can pursue your passion, Jada.
I hope you continue to find geology and rocks as fascinating as I have.
They can make a great display that I get easily obsessed over everytime I dust and arrange them.
Rock on!
Dragon holder with a Shiva Lingam stone. Large.
Charlie Brown was lucky. Whenever someone asks what I want as a gift, I say
a rock!
RocksComo 019.JPG

Doesn't your name Jada mean jade? Maybe it's a natural fit for you to love geology. I love rocks, too, and have collected them all my life. There are buckets of rocks in our garage, and I sometimes use my rock polisher to enhance their beauty. I also love to collect sea glass from beaches. The glass is polished smooth by the sand and water and looks like gemstones.

New Threads

Top Bottom