• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gene Wilder, star of the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, dies aged 83!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Link

RIP Mr Wonka!

The original film which came out in the early 70's was iconic, I mean yeah OK the 2005 remake might've been closer to the book, but it still wasn't as good as the classic original IMO.

Anyway, thoughts?

He died more than two years ago. Complications from Alzheimer's disease.

August 29, 2016.

He played nutty, even crazy characters. But in real life, he was neither.

Last edited:
I really liked the old Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. I own it and now I will have to watch it a million times more. Thanks. Lol.

I find it really surprising that Gene Wilder was advised to change his name (Jerome Silberman) to sound less Jewish. If anything a Jewish name should be an asset in showbusiness!

Movies from that time period always remind me of how my brothers and I would walk to the library on Fridays to pick out a VHS tape to rent from our local library. I have so many memories of those chunky black plastic VHS tapes and how we'd press rewind and then play and then rewind and then play over and over again so we could watch the funny parts over and over.

New Threads

Top Bottom