• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gaming gear

Primarily, for games, I use my DS Lite & PSP! Trying to find a good PSP emulator for my laptop, by the way, just so I can finish off Star Ocean Second Evolution & try First Departure but can't make those I've found work. Probably due to my limited technical knowledge about such things, I'm not running them correctly?

I might update this a bit;

Not a lot changed though (anything in bold changed since my last post about 15 months ago)

CPU; Intel core duo E8400 3 ghz
Mainboard; Asus P5LD2-x 1333
3,4 gb memory (only because I run 32-bit win XP still; technically I've got 4 gb in there)
Graphics Card; Radeon X7770 1gb
My soundcard is actually "musicians hardware" so I'm using my Roland SP 606 sampling workstation for that.
My speakers for gaming as well as music are Harman Kardon Soundsticks II

Some microsoft wireless keyboard + mouse bundle

And I've got an Xbox 360 around now. That limited edition Star wars one with a 320 gb HDD

I've got a POS computer. LOL 3.06ghz Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.5GB RAM, 1Tb Seagate hard drive, 1tb external hard drive, 512mb graphics card (not sure what kind exactly), Soundblaster Graphics card (which needs replacing), not sure what my motherboard is other than an ASUS Lol

As for speakers...I have no idea LOL I don't have room for what I'd LIKE to use LOL I need to build a shelf so I can use 'em (8 total) lol.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade this pile of crap to a way awesome system. Only gonna run me around $250 for the motherboard, 8gb RAM, and the CPU. Course...add on 125 for a 3tb Seagate hard drive lol

UPDATE!!!!!!

Getting some new parts soon. We had a power outage and I guess my insurance company got sick of me trying to educate them on exactly WHY I can't bring my desktop into a computer place to have it looked at by a 3rd party for insurance purposes.....they're sending me a check for 820.60

What am I getting? oh nothing much really.... just all thiis...

Asus Motherboard P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 Core i7/i5/i3 LGA1155 H61 DDR3 SATA microATX

Intel CPU BX80646I54430 Core i5-4430X Box 3.00Ghz 6MB LGA1150 4Core/4Threads Retail

2 x Kingston Memory KVR16N11S8/4 4GB DDR3 1600 SRx8 Retail

Seagate HDD ST3000DM001 Barracuda 64MB 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 7200rpm Bare Drive

SanDisk SSD SD6SB1M-128G-1022i 128GB x110 2.5inch SATA III Brown Box

Vantec Accessory HDA-250M 2.5inch to 3.5inch Mounting Kit SATA Hard Driver Retail

Microsoft Software GFC-02050 Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64Bit English 1Pack DSP DVD

CoolerMaster Power Supply ELITE POWER 350W ATX 12V SATA PCI-E

Already have my graphics card......(see attached image heh)

It's gonna be like going from a Chevy Caprice to a Corvette C6 ZR1. :-D

I'm still gonna keep this system, but most likely use it just to work on customer's computers, as well as to watch the radar on one radar site, while I watch another one on the new system.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.jpg
    IMG_3836.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 69
^ How much did you pay for that GT 210? Something in me thinks you could have gotten better for the price, but I'm not going to object to dedicated graphics...beats an integrated chip anyday :)

Also, did you post the right motherboard or made a mistake in your spec list? That H61 mobo isn't going to support the new Core CPUs.

Anyways, update on my PC which I really don't use much for gaming as much as everything else....

specs.png

I had a 4.2ghz overclock on my 2500K and eventually got rid of it. Main reason being...well, even at its stock speed, the 2500K runs circles around every single one of my previous builds thus far.

I've had several builds with either AMD or Intel CPUs, and in my 7 years of custom building PCs the Intel CPUs almost always come out on top in raw performance and overclock potential. My next build likely won't be until the next generation of hardware arrives due to a lack of funding right now but I'm looking forward to it :) let me know how your build goes?

Sorry to go off topic here...

Ya, I'll keep ya posted unless it changes a bit, which I doubt. I just support AMD a lot more and have more experience with it, is all. Plus, their most recent processors, including the 8350, are pretty head to head or even stronger than Intel.

Ya, I'll keep ya posted unless it changes a bit, which I doubt. I just support AMD a lot more and have more experience with it, is all. Plus, their most recent processors, including the 8350, are pretty head to head or even stronger than Intel.

If I had to go with AMD then the FX-8350 or its next highest successor would be my choice, no doubt, paired with a quality 990FX motherboard of course. AMD isn't THAT far behind even if Intel leads in single core performance, and from what I heard programs which take advantage of multiple cores do fare somewhat better on AMD processors. Not to mention the price premiums that Intel warrants since AMD has the upper hand there...guess I'll have to wait and see if I'll return back to AMD!

The link above that you posted takes me to a website yet I couldn't see your list of parts...do you know what you plan to use yet?

New Threads

Top Bottom