• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gaming gear

What sort of computer and equipment do you use for gaming? :)

I have a crap videocard so I don't game. The only things that work effectively on here are SNES roms, so that's all I play (which isn't often).

If I build a computer next year, which I've been thinking of doing, I'll throw this awesome bang-for-your-buck video card in it:

E145-0554-v06.jpg

Buy-the-EVGA-GeForce-GTX-550-Ti-2GB-PCIe-Video-Card-at-TigerDirect.png

That card costs about $200, which makes the card itself even more costly than some videogame consoles, but that isn't too bad considering that a card with those specs won't truly become outdated for years. And you'll get far better performance with a card like that than you will on any of the modern consoles.

I discussed graphic cards with a friend of mine recently... and he's a pretty hardcore gamer, but he told me that apparently the AMD/ATI Radeon cards are cheaper and offer the same performance.

Though, I don't know how prices range on both types of cards in other countries... over here, GeForce cards are about double the price of their Radeon counterparts which perform just as good. And pricing is more extreme the more high-end the hardware gets

As for me...

Alienware M14x (Core i7 2630QM Processor 2GHz, 4GB RAM) Review - Notebooks - CNET Asia

Price as reviewed/Starting price US$2,599 (at least, around there, in Singapore)
Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 2820QM
Memory 8GB, 1,600MHz DDR3
Hard drive 750GB 7,200rpm
Chipset Intel HM67
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Will download Win XP SP2 compatibility mode too.
Dimensions (W x D) 340 x 246mm
Height 30.5mm
Screen size (diagonal) 14 inches
System weight (with AC adapter) 3kg (3.5kg)
Category Midsized

Not to forget a cooler.

Hopefully it'll be perfect for SIM City 4?

Last edited:
my specs for my PC are as Followed : AlienWare case
an intel i core 7
ATI/AMD HD raedon 5770
6gb DDR3 Ram
1 tb HDD
Razer DeathAdder mouse
Microsoft Keyboard
Speakers and TV
Asus P6t Motherboard and a Disc Drive

Last edited:
As for me...

Alienware M14x (Core i7 2630QM Processor 2GHz, 4GB RAM) Review - Notebooks - CNET Asia

Price as reviewed/Starting price US$2,599 (at least, around there, in Singapore)
Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 2820QM
Memory 8GB, 1,600MHz DDR3
Hard drive 750GB 7,200rpm
Chipset Intel HM67
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Will download Win XP SP2 compatibility mode too.
Dimensions (W x D) 340 x 246mm
Height 30.5mm
Screen size (diagonal) 14 inches
System weight (with AC adapter) 3kg (3.5kg)
Category Midsized

Not to forget a cooler.

Hopefully it'll be perfect for SIM City 4?

It has very nice specs for a notebook. My only (small) problem with it is the screen size: I'm surprised that a notebook worth over $2000 would have a 14-inch screen. At that price point you'd expect the screen to be 17.3".

When did you buy it?

Last edited:
I'd wait for the next generation of hardware to arrive and the kinks to be sorted out before considering PC gaming. Thing about PC gaming, hardware gets outdated on about a yearly basis and newer titles demand more and more from your computer. Not only that, but if you're like me you'd rather just play the game for what it is than be worried about eye candy and FPS numbers. Not everyone is gonna agree with me on that statement, especially the folks who should reconsider their status as gamers :)

Any gaming I've done has been through consoles, of which now I have two options: either fix the broken PS3 or opt out for the 360. I'm leaning towards getting the 360 (the Arcade version), though it may be cheaper to just source the parts for the PS3. Decisions decisions...

Last edited:
I think I enjoy playing on both Kinect for Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Well I have to be thankful for what I have now... :)

My system isn't specifically gaming, but I can run a lot of games on it. Mind you, a few newer ones don't run with everything on max.

CPU; Intel core duo E8400 3 ghz
Mainboard; Asus P5LD2-x 1333
2 gb memory (which I could up to 3, over 3 requires me to upgrade my OS, and I'm still happy with XP)
Graphics Card; GeForce 8800 GT 256 mb
My soundcard is actually "musicians hardware" so I'm using my Roland SP 606 sampling workstation for that. (See attachment, excuse the dust and mess, lol)
My speakers for gaming as well as music are Harman Kardon Soundsticks II which look rather awesome... (and they sound awesome as well) (2nd attachment)

I used to use a Logitech MX revolution mouse, but it kinda messed up now, so I'm using a cheap no name thing now. My keyboard still is Microsoft/Razer Reclusa.

There's some hardware which looks awesome by visuals... the Tron line by Razer looks nice, but it's pretty expensive.

But I only play Fallout: new vegas now, and I haven't really played that much this year except for that game. A bit of Hellgate: london... and I do play Magic: Online, but that's not that heavy on my system.

I thought about upgrading but if I were to upgrade my Graphics card, it would cost me over 200 to get a card that actually improves significantly better than the one I have now. And I don't have that kind of money to spend right now. At least, not on something that doesn't really need "replacement".

View attachment 1782
View attachment 1783

I have:

A Playstation 3 and a Xbox 360 "S" both connected to a Sony Bravia HDTV.

My PC has:

Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB
Logitech 5.1 speakers
Logitech MX Revolution mouse
Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard

Well since everyone's giving up their specs, I may as well follow suit. I've been through like 5 different setups so far and as I never really did any PC gaming I've settled on my current configuration which I think better suits my needs.

My current system -
CPU - AMD A8-3850 2.9ghz
GPU - integrated Radeon 6550D
RAM - 2x4GB DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
MB - ASUS F1A75-M PRO
640GB hard drive, CD/DVD combo drive, all in an Antec 300 case

Also have a laptop, it's an older model IBM ThinkPad (model no. 200757u?) which is nowhere near suitable for gaming. It's netbook caliber by today's standards, probably Windows worthy if I upgrade the RAM and hard drive.

I remember my younger brother loved Game Boys. He had a few them back in the day.

New Threads

Top Bottom