• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Funniest mistakes in items you bought

I once bought an anime soundtrack CD that had the labeling of anime music on the disc but it was actually a CD rom medical textbook. I decided to keep that one around since it was a hilarious mix up.

I have a newspaper with two identical pages, back-to-back. I bought a model aircraft kit that was wildly out of scale. A company I worked for ordered some rulers with the company name to give away. We were selling precision parts, but the rulers were off by about 3%.
A friend of mine wanted some business cards for a trade show coming to town. I laid out two cards side by side, and then copied them down the page to make five pairs using MS Word. After the show, we discovered that on each copy, the 'phone number had been incremented, so 80% of them were wrong.
A printing company was having a slow week, so they made about 50 cartons of really premium pads of paper with their name on each sheet to give to customers. They got their own fax number wrong, and gave a carton to me, and other non-customers.

Oh, yeah, I won an annual boat race. All the timing equipment was for m/s, but all the competitors were used to knots or other units, so we didn't realize that something was out of adjustment. Now the record book shows me winning at about 1/3 the speed of any other year. I could have protested, but it was too funny.

I just thought of a couple of "mistakes" in some items I saw.
Though I didn't purchase them myself, just saw them being sold at the store work at.

But there was this giant Raccoon Plushie that didn't have the iconic striped Raccoon tail, it just had a solid colored tail. That's just how it was designed tho as all of them were like that, I have no clue why that's the design they went with because how can you not include the iconic striped tail when designing a raccoon plush?

The other item with an odd design choice I saw was a dog toy that was meant to be a fox but for some reason had a short tail instead of a long fluffy one. It's not like the other animal varients of the same toy had short tails too, the others had proper long tails it was just the Fox one for whatever reason that had a short one... very odd choice that.

Ahh, Plushies. Not a mistake, but a product prank I love was performed by the Los Angeles Hysterical Society. They got a dozen assorted "animals" and re-stuffed them with concrete. They looked the same, but would crash to the floor if handed to an unwary person. They attached a booklet about preparing children for harsh reality, and faked up a bar code. Then they smuggled the onto the shelves of a new plushie store, and then tried to buy them, ad-libbing with other members to confound the very type-A manager. They are lots of fun if molded into position as if casually tossed by a child, and then left where adults routinely move toys to sit down.

my father bought me a pc, that they put the cpu fan flipped in the wrong side, so you couldn't place a graphics card because it was obstructing in there. Not too funny i guess.

Not me, but back in the 80's, a guy bought an Oldsmobile and noticed it said Chevrolet on the valve covers. The covers are the only difference in the two engines, so the dealer told him they were the same. Then GM spent about a million bucks to undo the damage and keep people paying extra for Oldsmobiles.

I bought a yellow kayak, and it came with one red hatch cover. I was working with the manufacturer on modifications, so I too it to a show with the mismatched cover, and then it was noticed and swiftly replaced.

I remember one time when we'd got the weekly TV magazine delivered (back in the 90s this was) but it was just plain and had no print on or in it at all. We're not sure what happened there but my mum thought it was too funny to be annoyed. She gave me the empty blank magazine to draw on, which I was happy with.

There was a small newspaper near a big city in another time zone. One staff member was delighted when word processors appeared, because they had the tedious job of changing all the times on the TV listings by one hour every week. Then they published a listing for "1AM Cowboy."

New Threads

Top Bottom