• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friends or no friends??

Find people who support you no matter what. It's a bit weird, but people who are a lot older or a lot younger are more understanding and supportive than people our age. I feel with older people, they are more mature than people your age. With younger people, they are looking up to you and it gives you motivation to do good and know that you are doing your best. There can be people our age that is like that but it almost feels like we are trying to compete since we are at the same age in life or people judging for not being like them more often than not. Like peer pressure basically.

Seems crazy, but that's been my experience I guess. I rather hang with and talk to old people or play games with my little cousins. I feel more comfortable in these situations.

you make a very good point, I never particularly fitted in well with most people my age. i seemed a bit different from them. the few friends that I've had were at least a few years older than me which i thought was nice. i have gone to some groups and i seem to have interacted well with some of the older people at one i used to go to but at that specific group, i was the youngest there but that was about 10 years ago. now, i don't mind making some friends with the younger people but i'm sure (like you said) that there are some that are very understanding and supportive. i wish that people around our age would be but sadly no. and peer pressure is definitely a NO in my book.

I don't have any friends and my social capital has long been extinguished, I want friends and am lonely but truth be told I do not like being around people. They stress me and give me anxiety, after you're out of school people are not very friendly or open not that I found them so while I actually was in school either. I feel very locked out of everything.

I have a lot of friends, though most of them distant due to them moving across the country and me neglecting them during my depressions. The good thing is that with many of them, when we do get together it’s like we met just the day before. And a lot of them are understanding about how my recurring depressions make me retreat into my fortress of solitude. Then again, my manic bouts often net me a lot of new friends. Most of them don’t stick, but the good ones do.
Earlier this week I got together with an old friend I hadn’t seen in five years and we had a great time reminiscing and talking about our lives right now. I have a group of friends from university who I see once or twice a year, but we try to get together for a weekend getaway once a year, during which time flies by because we enjoy ourselves so much.

New Threads

Top Bottom