• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friendly or flirting?

Aww poor lady seems desperate, I found it kinda cute how she was being all flirty but she was making the man uncomfortable. I hope she finds the right man but she is coming on too hard and fast.

Her approach was borderline harassment. It was obvious he wasn't interested, perhaps he should have found another seat earlier on in the encounter.

1472597492941.jpg

I definitely cannot easily tell the difference between friendly vs. potential romantic interest unless the woman makes it over the top obvious which is rare. So if I am attracted to a friendly woman I try to have conversations to get more data and try to see if it goes anywhere. Recently I thought a woman was interested and asked her if she would like to go on a date. Her response was she doesn't date. Oh well, I just figured it was my mistaking her intentions. So now when I see her I just figure it is friendly not flirting.

Earlier this summer a woman said to me you look hot today. Like a dunderhead I replied that's because I am overdressed. (It was a hot summer day and I had two T-shirts on. Oh well again. This time it was flirting I misinterpreted as friendly.

So it goes both ways. I never really know what is being communicated to me by woman so I just try to make my best guess and act accordingly.

I don't even know how to flirt. I feel like I'm doing something profoundly wrong around girls. I have mostly if not all guy friends. Any advice?

I got Body Language for Dummies at the library today! Being a very interesting read, check it out! :D

This is definitely flirting
This is so extreme that it makes her look mentally disturbed, especially since he is trying very hard to stop her. This especially applies to her following him when he moves away from her.

She looks as if she learned everything from a book. Videos can make a big difference to help you look more normal. An example is her blowing on him. This is more than flirting, more like a prostitute move for someone on public transit. She needs to save it for after someone responds favorably first.

It is much safer to just start off with being friendly and see whether your intended target wants to exchange contact information or go have a cup of coffee, or a soda, or meet for one later. You can also ask if they have any ideas about a place to meet.

I feel kind of silly offering advice on this because I am not great in this department. It is much like that saying about, "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". I have one eye because I have industriously read some of the books that woman read, watched videos and run movies back to the important parts over and over to help get what was happening. I have also paid attention to more adept flirting on buses and in other places. Lol.

We just have to face it, we will not achieve the flirting skills that some NTs seem to be born with. We can study some to achieve a basic level. This can be good enough to work if you are determined enough.

I agree, that's why she was doing it. Both to annoy and create a reaction of some sort. Used to know someone who did that, she often acted like a child with older males, for attention of any kind.
Ugg thats so annoying. She must be a troll lol if someone did that to me while i was listening to my music or on my phone id most like likely get irritated and move to another spot or get off the bus early.

This is so extreme that it makes her look mentally disturbed, especially since he is trying very hard to stop her. This especially applies to her following him when he moves away from her.

She looks as if she learned everything from a book. Videos can make a big difference to help you look more normal. An example is her blowing on him. This is more than flirting, more like a prostitute move for someone on public transit. She needs to save it for after someone responds favorably first.

It is much safer to just start off with being friendly and see whether your intended target wants to exchange contact information or go have a cup of coffee, or a soda, or meet for one later. You can also ask if they have any ideas about a place to meet.

I feel kind of silly offering advice on this because I am not great in this department. It is much like that saying about, "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". I have one eye because I have industriously read some of the books that woman read, watched videos and run movies back to the important parts over and over to help get what was happening. I have also paid attention to more adept flirting on buses and in other places. Lol.

We just have to face it, we will not achieve the flirting skills that some NTs seem to be born with. We can study some to achieve a basic level. This can be good enough to work if you are determined enough.
She seems like she's on drugs... >>'

Maybe this will help? I also have no idea when someone is flirting with me and never have- one guy actually had to say "I'm flirting with you."
(This is done by an Aspie)

Maybe this will help? I also have no idea when someone is flirting with me and never have- one guy actually had to say "I'm flirting with you."
(This is done by an Aspie)
That guy's videos are really good. I highly recommend.

It's not creepy unless you directly tell them "not interested" and they still keep intentionally trying to pursue. If you're not sure if it's a flirt or not, it's okay to ask.

New Threads

Top Bottom