• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Freya’s art thread

IMG_4034.jpeg

I don’t draw from different angles too much.

Attachments

• IMG_4959.png
    IMG_4959.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4961.png
    IMG_4961.png
    921 KB · Views: 49
That can be a tough feeling. But, if you let your work tell its own story, and follow what feels right (what feels most satisfying), maybe that will be more important.

You were pretty young then, but I think that's cool. You also have many years to change and improve and challenge yourself. Whatever feels right. Your life path is in you, and not online or in people who make you feel inadequate. If you are measuring yourself against others, that is. You don't have to have expectations for your art, even if you have hopes.

I’m redrawing this drawing I drew of my original character August five years ago. I don’t really see any improvement.
View attachment 118549
Could you detail what exact improvements would you like to see?

As an example:
- I would like to see the head smaller.
- I would like to see the fingers.
- I would like the eyes bigger.

Is there any drawing (of whatever artist) that you consider perfect? Something you would like to be able to do?

May it be that you have the drawing in your head clearly and your hands cant execute it?

Its very difficult to advance when there are no clear goals.

To me its not clear how to evaluate your improvement or lack of improvement, and cant offer any help to you if I dont know what are your goals.

I try not to but it’s super hard not to compare my progress to others

You know... Since I get this feeling you're never going to quit making things, there's going to come a day when you tower over the average artist and I think that might be the day when you realize that comparing yourself to others doesn't really make too much sense, because your art journey is (and has always been) uniquely yours.

Once you outlast your average peer in terms of education, technique and dedication (/time), it'll become even more obvious, but you might be able to get a feel for what I'm talking about as it is. Your journey is the important part.

IMG_1994.png

I just drew this kitty girl from a YouTube drawing tutorial (linked below). I’m not familiar with doing lineless lineart after the finished product, as my drawing process usually consists of sketch, cleanup sketch, lineart, color, and shade. Not jumping into lineart is alienating to me. My lines felt super wobbly even when streamline was turned up. Any tips?

View attachment 118869
I just drew this kitty girl from a YouTube drawing tutorial (linked below). I’m not familiar with doing lineless lineart after the finished product, as my drawing process usually consists of sketch, cleanup sketch, lineart, color, and shade. Not jumping into lineart is alienating to me. My lines felt super wobbly even when streamline was turned up. Any tips?
Forgot to link the video right away :p

New Threads

Top Bottom