• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Free things to watch and or do online

I'm going to entertain myself by putting 7 pounds of corned beef brisket in the oven to cook for the next 3 hours. I bought the briskets to feed the entire family before the isolation recommendations came out. Don't know how just we two will eat all that meat. Maybe I can freeze it after its cooked. Or leave it by the side of the road with a sign "Free Corned Beef and Cabbage".

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone!

Two years ago, St Patrick's Day, street level... Could have gone down tonight, chose not to because most events are shut down anyway... As long as I'm able to/allowed to - here in Calgary - I'm going for walks outside, perhaps doing some photography along the way...

St Patricks 02.jpg

Blogthings Personality quiz site

Azalea's Dress up Dolls | Dress up games for creative people A site with dress-up games

Sporcle – World’s Largest Trivia Quiz Website A trivia site with many fun quizzes

:: procatinator :: A site with cat gifs and music. For the cat lovers out there

Song Meanings at Songfacts A site with trivia facts about your favorite songs. Has a sister site called Artist Facts.

I also would have added a link to The Useless Web, except some of the content is probably NSFW here. I also love seeing the List of Unusual Articles entry in Wikipedia

Plain yellow mustard works as well. Considering that my cocker spaniel once found a rotten fish covered with maggots that he ate while we were on vacation. I squirted mustard into his mouth (McDonalds mustard packets) and he vomited everything up pretty quickly. Then we gave him a bath in the fountain in front of the parliament buildings.:)

The mustard trick is good to know. I've used the little packets of honey as a topical antibiotic for myself because I'm allergic to virtually every antibiotic on the market. Those little packets of condiments can come in handy. I keep them in a container in the 'frig in case we need them. Chic-A-Filet has the best condiments.

Dogs getting ahold of things that they shouldnt have is always frustrating.

Fortunately my dog is trained to not fight us if we try to take something from him. I can reach into his mouth and grab whatever stupid thing he's chewing on. Downside: if it turns out he wasnt actually chewing on something, I just end up with my hand drenched in dog drool.

He was the best at finding food in four feet of snow, like an arctic fox, and you could easily take things out of his mouth. He once found an entire pizza buried in a snowbank and another time a full size meatball sub. He would have gobbled it down except it was frozen so we had time to remove it from his mouth. The rotting fish incident happened when he was a puppy. I still miss him.

https://www.crackle.com/

Crackle started out as an online video site called Grouper before being acquired by Sony. Rebranded as Crackle, it is now a free video streaming site.

While you do not need a membership to Crackle, signing up for a free account allows you to pick up shows and movies where you left off and keep track of your viewing. Overall, Crackle is one of the highest-quality free streaming sites.

Crackle started out as an online video site called Grouper before being acquired by Sony. Rebranded as Crackle, it is now a free video streaming site.
I like the channel names, like the "Reptile Dysfunction" channel.
full

Empty streets and sidewalks in an inner city neighbourhood today (Calgary), and not just because of the weather...

Kensington 02.jpg

The Home Shopping Network has free arcade games where you can earn raffle tickets. Raffle tickets can be redeemed for chances to win prizes.
Hsn Arcade

Free Rice is a free trivia game. For each correct answer, 10 grains of rice are donated to people in need. There are various trivia subjects to choose from.
Freerice

Udemy has some free online classes. Some are paid but when searching for classes under filters you can limit it to free classes.
https://www.udemy.com/

For the duration of this "coronavirus thing" the Metropolitan Opera is putting up & streaming (free of charge) a different, full length HD recording every day of the week. These are the same broadcasts that you would normally go the theatre for and pay $20 to see, but they're now free & streaming anytime you want on your computer or television.

I know that opera isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you've never seen one and you're sitting at home all day, give one a try: You just might take to it.....

www.metopera.org/

Then scroll down to the "Watch Now" button under the "Nightly Opera Stream"

There are lots of musicians (and poets) going online right now with performances... Facebook Live, Instagram, Youtube, etc...

On Monday I was on Zoom with 20 other people enjoying a poetry open mic, in lieu of the live open mic which would have happened that night

If you dig around social media a little you'll find lots of this going on, from both famous people, and also lesser known performers as well... Apparently Madonna has a rather entertaining Instagram feed right now... :D

Puzzle Baron | Puzzles for Curious Minds A puzzle site that includes logic puzzles, sudoku, crostics, and more.

Fun Trivia Quizzes - World's Largest Trivia and Quiz Site Another fun quiz site. It also has crosswords.

Some game website ideas for Easter, some of them more aimed at kids, to keep things festive during this difficult time:

Free Online Easter Games for Kids to Play

Easter Games

Sporcle Search for 'easter'

Easter Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock (has some adult humor in it, but is mostly PG-13 friendly)

easter egg designs - Google Search Some of these are pretty cool.

Last edited:
PlantNet, a free app for identifying plants. So far I have identified 7 different weeds in the yard.

If you're into cars & like the classic original Austin Mini then Youtube for the Project Binky series.
It's an awesome series following two English dudes doing a complete rebuild & enhancement on the old shell.
They're of very good humour & have serious plans with skills to cram a Toyota Celica GT-4 engine & 4 wheel drive system (with turbo) into it without it being obvious.

They have been at it a while but finally the end is in sight.
Could be the best in the world this one.

New Threads

Top Bottom