• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fred R Clark & Son Machineworks

Yeah, 'ole Sherm had a rain day in there, so outdoor activities had to wait for a day.
(cutting those pesky roof sheets)
Since that was out of the picture, might as well hit the Fat Kid project :p
Lined her up and found out there was a frame clearance issue with the torque converter mounting.
Easy enough, relocate the mounting slots.
Not so easy when you don't have the proper tools, but I still managed to pull it off ;)
View attachment 108119View attachment 108120
View attachment 108122

Rear seat mount added to it:
View attachment 108123
She's coming together really nice, but the green fenders had to go, so I stripped them back off to take them home for a black paint treatment to match the fuel tank.
Can't have my rat bike look too ratty :p
morning_picdump-39-12.jpg

I just helped seat the engine in a Caterpillar D4 bulldozer :cool:

I finally got the antenna mounted for my cell phone signal booster.

Not yet aimed to perfection, but still pretty awesome.
Will have to get creative with routing the cable from the outside to the inside, but I have plenty of options.

In fact, it enables me to go online and make phone calls inside of the steel building.

The next step is to mirror it to my PC :cool:

Got new limestone for my driveway last evening, so the place is looking pretty spiffy.
Highlighted is the booster antenna

antenna 30 (1).jpg

Roofing is just about done!
roofing 30.jpg

ridge 30.jpg

Tomorrow, I hope to finish the door and get it installed.

This evening I got the fenders for the Fat Kid painted, so there is a strong possibility that the first ride is coming soon!
Just another tricky day in paradise kids, see ya when I'm looking atcha......

Got new limestone for my driveway last evening, so the place is looking pretty spiffy.
Highlighted is the booster antenna

View attachment 108914

Roofing is just about done!
View attachment 108917
View attachment 108918

Tomorrow, I hope to finish the door and get it installed.

This evening I got the fenders for the Fat Kid painted, so there is a strong possibility that the first ride is coming soon!
Just another tricky day in paradise kids, see ya when I'm looking atcha......
Spiffy indeed!

You are killin’ it with these projects. Seeing the progress is inspiring. Not just talk, but real action.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, or sumpin' like that.

Them freshly painted fenders looked too good to let 'em get all scratched up from sitting around, so bolt 'em back on.
fat kid tanked.jpg

Since I already had the tools out, might as well finish the fuel tank mounts.
fat kid 30.jpg

Before bolting all the shiny parts on, I dresses up the welded areas with some new paint just to make her pretty. :p

Oh, and just to stay with the rat bike theme, I only scuffed the paint on the fenders and left the dent damaged hammer mark repairs intact.

Soon we will be in the wind.......

Only 18 more days til our summer show!

Got a new donation added to the shop over the weekend.
Circa 1930 Racine Tool Company reciprocating hacksaw.
20230722_130120.jpg

She will need a little love, but will be well worth it in the end.

Who doesn't love a firetruck?
20230722_132624.jpg

This Ford based pumper made it our way Saturday too.
She came fully equipped, not just an empty shell :cool:

Yep, the tiny house exterior is nearing completion.

sealed 30.jpg

All trimmed up now and water sealed.
A slight miscalculation was made on the roof overhangs vs. the building opening, so she will have to live outdoors as it will most likely require grease to slip her out the door, but she was built for weather so it won't be a problem :p

After the show is over, a few small windows will be added and it will be stained darker to make her pop and survive at the same time.
The new fridge for it was supposed to arrive today, but it got held up in shipping, so that will have to wait too.

I have plenty to do here on the homefront since I have been spending loads of my time on the Machineworks stuff, but sooner than later I will return to my happy place to git her dun ;)

A slight miscalculation was made on the roof overhangs vs. the building opening, so she will have to live outdoors as it will most likely require grease to slip her out the door, but she was built for weather so it won't be a problem :p

Just throw some butter on it, take a running start and push her through, that'll work. :D

Imagine this if you will, I attempted to go outdoors thru my kitchen door that was blocked by my new fridge :p
4.3 Cu.Ft Mini Fridge with freezer:
fridge.png

open door policy.jpg

Between this and my new AC unit, I don't think it will ever get any cooler than that :p

Lots of prep work here on the homestead this week, but I hope to return to the shop early next week.

I actually machined a trailer hitch ball adapter for moving the tiny house thru the shop door that will be utilized with an automotive floor jack to assist with the steering.
This rig will take the place of the factory cup on the jack and make the move very secure.
20230727_201502.jpg

20230727_201524.jpg

I dragged out a pair of industrial chain come-alongs to do the pulling chores.
Slow and steady, one click at a time :p

Tomorrow evening we will be hauling the new fridge, the jack, the come-alongs, some chains, a huge antique milk can, a really good charcoal grill and some other assorted small stuff for the day I can return to do the work.

Tomorrow morning will be my new aide intake and meet and greet day, so hopefully things will improve immediately.
Hopefully Monday morning will begin a new chapter in my life as I have not had any help at home since February.
And oh yeah, transportation again without having to pay out of pocket :cool:

My life has been just like a soap opera named "As The Stomach Turns" :p

So once again we scribed another showdate in the books.

Lots of work leading up to it, but it was well worth it.

Massey Harris/Ferguson held their international meet at our show, so there were plenty of show class units brought to our event.

The highlight of my shop display was to finally get the century old Garvin #1 horizontal mill cutting a helix.
20230814_145249.jpg

Impressive to say the least that these old boys figured out how to make this happen using only a sliderule, a pencil and paper.
The table feed can be geared to the dividing head mounted on the table in order to provide the rotation.
I set it up to do a 180 degree twist in ten inches so the public could see the results.
The cool part was finding the 1907 gearing chart to determine the exact rate :cool:

Previously I had machined some necessary missing items to make it work.
20230407_183154.jpg

20230407_183250.jpg

20230407_183258.jpg

20230416_211423.jpg

20230814_071100.jpg

I was witness to an engine install on the Euclid twin drive bulldozer
20230814_071011.jpg

A very pretty and dainty young girl was a part of that project and was used to install bolts between the twin Detroit diesel engines because of her size.
Airbrushed fingernails and all, she was elbow deep in dirty diesel rig grime and smiling the entire time :cool:

So here we are, in front of the tiny house:
20230813_203005.jpg

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home....
To the left is the Fat Kid project bike
20230814_070607.jpg

As you can see, the old H ain't exactly little, and to the right is my '79 Wheel Horse

The exterior of the house is very close to completion, so next up will be finishing it's interior.

And yep, she is weather tight too, having ridden out a storm that involved a tornado that tore up some stuff about 7 miles away.

In all, it was a very cool week :hearteyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom