• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forum does not feel like how it was

What is it you hope to accomplish by making this thread?

What would be the best outcome, as far as you're concerned?

Pro tip: Most people here do not approve of thinking poorly of people for their skin color and accent, or picking on people for being in "the wrong religion."

It is important that, as you grow (if you grow) that you separate your sense of situational disappointment from your perception of people around you. Claiming that no one can navigate Pakistani society is inaccurate. Pakistanis live there every day and have been there for centuries.
It's impossible to navigate from experience, being called weird in school, for making a conlang, for saying I am a programmer, etc. It is like anything random, they will focus on it,

There is no section of the forum that is welcoming only?
There is a thread for people to introduce themselves.
And people can make their own personal Intro threads.

There are threads for positive thoughts...

There is a thread for people to introduce themselves.
And people can make their own personal Intro threads.

There are threads for positive thoughts...
No welcoming as they don't hurt me in small anyway. I need this forum as a safe place to return to from all the bad things.

No welcoming as they don't hurt me in small anyway. I need this forum as a safe place to return to from all the bad things.
You want a guaranteed environment where no person
ever says anything to you that seems even slightly
negative?

You're looking for a place of unconditional love?

You want a guaranteed environment where no person
ever says anything to you that seems even slightly
negative?

You're looking for a place of unconditional love?
Yes, that's what got me hope in this forum for it's lovingness.

There'll be people who won't judge you for opinions.

There'll be times when people won't be around or reply.

I don't buy into narratives, I keep an open mind, you can talk to me about religion and difficult topics. I have attained progress with learning to be even more open-minded than I naturally would have been. It takes work, awareness. People can think or say less advantageous things, unfortunately.

Yes, that's what got me hope in this forum for it's lovingness.
Perhaps, you can still find that here. Sometimes, we need to filter some things out and hold on to the things that are helpful and kind.

Here for you, @tripleU. Offering kindness, support, and a willingness to try to understand.

Perhaps, you can still find that here. Sometimes, we need to filter some things out and hold on to the things that are helpful and kind.

Here for you, @tripleU. Offering kindness, support, and a willingness to try to understand.
Your profile picture changed from a red and blue to yellow and cyan?

Your profile picture changed from a red and blue to yellow and cyan?
Yes, very observant. My avatar is a drawing that I did and the colors I had before were clashing in my eyes. So I kept the drawing but changed the colors. I prefer this one. What do you think?

Yes, very observant. My avatar is a drawing that I did and the colors I had before were clashing in my eyes. So I kept the drawing but changed the colors. I prefer this one. What do you think?
Your scary face extrudes out more in this one, and also reminds of the Ukraine thing. So I would prefer the previous one as it reminded me of Netherlands instead of this Ukraine thing.

Your scary face extrudes out more in this one, and also reminds of the Ukraine thing. So I would prefer the previous one as it reminded me of Netherlands instead of this Ukraine thing.
Interesting observation. It is definitely neutral, although I understand that often our brain see patterns and put meanings to things like colors. On my screen it looks more orange than yellow.

Do you have any special connection to the Netherlands?

Interesting observation. It is definitely neutral, although I understand that often our brain see patterns and put meanings to things like colors. On my screen it looks more orange than yellow.

Do you have any special connection to the Netherlands?
No, only that it is not Ukraine

New Threads

Top Bottom