• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgotten 90’s rock music

Coal Chamber - Shock The Monkey
Peter Gabriel: "Cover me!"
Ozzy Osbourne: " Okay.."

Just heard now on radio...
Spin Doctors - If you.
They sound really slick, nice gtr & drums, vocals not to shabby ether.... must have been something to see them live, meet them in the flesh....like I know some were lucky enough to do...back in the day...probably disbanded now.

Last edited:
Rock, yes. 90's, yes. Forgotten? I guess so...
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's

Incubus - A Certain Shade Of Green
Best song on the 1997 album S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Wish I had a Buseyism.I'll make one my self.
Searching
Creative
Inquiring
Endeavors
Needing
Certainty
Empirically

Beavis and Butthead is like a gold mine for forgotten 90s music. Technically, this isn't a rock song, but this has become forgotten over time and it's great.

And this was the B&B riff. It's one of the better ones.

Henry Rollins - Diss connected
Henry speaks to the the dissafected, damaged, disconnected, part of our psyche. The monstrous part. We all have something like that. I don't care who you are. Or how moral and virtuous and perfect you present yourself to the world.

Die Kreuzen. Rock band from my home state of Wisconsin (specifically Milwaukee). Some of their songs were covered by bands as diverse as Voivod and Napalm Death. They were mostly active in the 80s, but their last album came out in the 90s.

Disneyland After Dark - Laugh n' a half. Long forgotten but that was a 1990s winner. So good.

Last edited:
Eve's Plum - Blue

The most exposure this song and band got was being featured in a Beavis & Butthead riff.

Fun fact: the lead singer went on to become Vitamin C, aka the singer of that damn Graduation song.

To those who say Ukraine's Eurovision win was entirely down to the sympathy vote ... well, it didn't work for Bosnia-Herzegovina back in 1993, did it?
Fazla, Sva bol svijeta [The Whole World's Pain]

Peter Gabriel-Steam
Peaked at #32 on Billboard Hot 100 and #1 Modern Rock. Released 1992.

Julian Lennon, Saltwater
Probably the only song I know of to reference damage to the ozone layer ("the hole in the sky"). Although someone should have told Julian that CFCs were phased out following the 1987 Montreal Protocol.

^ I know his two hits from his debut 'valotte'...really that's all. He's really like His father. Almost like he's filling the void. He touches upon the same stuff also. Keeping the same spirit.

INXS - The Messenger - 1993

Not completely forgotten - there was those who said of the UK's last Eurovision entry "Shame it's not the Babylon Zoo one..."

^ That 'Spaceman chorus..." was a childhood favourite. But the sped up version. Featured on an advert. This Version:
I watched a lot of tv as a kid. I would have been 7(?). I'm sure I liked to sing along to songs I really liked.

New Threads

Top Bottom