• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgotten 90’s rock music

I like this thread. I never used to listen to 90s bands back in the 90s because I was so busy with other things, and it never came up because I was never choosy about the music I listened to. My source of enjoyment was the radio, pumping out pop music garbage and watered down uninspired music. That being said, I now have an appreciation for music, so I'm very fastidious or nitpicky about what I listen to. Music is a serious endeavor. I listen to dark electronic music or as others term it: Trip Hop. I also listen to gothic rock or other forms of alternative rock. Man do I love Depeche Mode. The song Wrong by Depeche Mode is my favourite. I also like songs by Massive Attack--a Trip Hop band. Try Lonely Soul by Unkle--another Trip Hop band in the UK. These bands are a real treasure. Downtempo music or dark music is really good for moody unrestrained contemplation. I love it.

Last edited:
I don’t know if I or anyone else posted this video but I’ll do it anyway:

They only made one studio album and broke up. Two of the members formed another band, Solace, and they are good, too.

I also learned about this band yesterday:

Last edited:
Plenty of good bands around in the 90s, many of which started their careers in the 80s and then continued through to the 90s such as REM or Midnight Oil or New Model Army. My personal favourite is Skyclad

It feels so good to know I'm not the only one who knows who NMA are. "Here Comes The War" and "Wonderful Way To Go" are great songs from the 90s era, although I'm more partial to their work when Stuart Morrow was playing bass.

It's also funny you mentioned Skyclad as well, since they covered NMA's "Master Race".

It feels so good to know I'm not the only one who knows who NMA are. "Here Comes The War" and "Wonderful Way To Go" are great songs from the 90s era, although I'm more partial to their work when Stuart Morrow was playing bass.

It's also funny you mentioned Skyclad as well, since they covered NMA's "Master Race".
I prefer their earlier albums, up to Eight, they drop off after that for me. The Ghost of Cain, Thunder and Consolation, Impurity, Love of Hopeless Causes and Strange Brotherhood are really great albums.

I prefer their earlier albums, up to Eight, they drop off after that for me. The Ghost of Cain, Thunder and Consolation, Impurity, Love of Hopeless Causes and Strange Brotherhood are really great albums.

Those are great albums. "No Rest For The Wicked" is my personal favorite, because Stuart Morrow is such an underrated bassist.

By the way, have you ever heard their cover of "Gimme Shelter", where they, bizarrely, collaborated with Tom Jones, of all people?

Those are great albums. "No Rest For The Wicked" is my personal favorite, because Stuart Morrow is such an underrated bassist.

By the way, have you ever heard their cover of "Gimme Shelter", where they, bizarrely, collaborated with Tom Jones, of all people?

I hadn't heard that, thanks for posting it. Great cover! NMA and Tom Jones, I would never have imagined that!

I was just watching a video talking about the 3DO/Playstation version of Road Rash and saw this band mentioned. I first heard of them when I took a broadcasting class in high school back in 2003/2004. We were watching some old TV ads for radio stations from the 90s, and this band was shown in a promo for a random rock station. It's amazing that I still remember that, considering this band never made it that big.

It may be hard to get if you don't understand spanish, but i think some argentinian songs were awesome
there a lot of hits of the 80 and 90.

I am 42 years old so I grew up as a teen during the 90s. This song played a lot late at night on MTV. I was insomniac so l listened to it a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom