• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Foods with good texture.

JuniperBug

Rainbow Bird of Friendliness
Those of us on the spectrum tend to be more aware of and affected by food texture than most.

What are some foods that have a really great, satisfying texture to you?

For me, the texture of cashews is amazing

ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1446698173.938860.jpg

I also saw someone on this forum mention raw carrots and I agree, the texture of them is really nice.

Those of us on the spectrum tend to be more aware of and affected by food texture than most.

What are some foods that have a really great, satisfying texture to you?

For me, the texture of cashews is amazing

View attachment 21642

I also saw someone on this forum mention raw carrots and I agree, the texture of them is really nice.

I luuurve salted cashews - they beat squeeeeky peanuts hands down!
.. one at a time, hugged gently between the teeth till they fracture :)
Have you noticed that the salt seems to collect mostly in the inner curve of the nut?

I love firm/crunchy cooked veg, lightly steamed or waved over boiling water - definitely not cooked till it's slime!
I hated cabbage and broccoli for years till I started cooking them myself and found it was eminently edible when allowed it's ideal texture.

Have you ever been anemic?

I've never been anemic and last time I had my blood tested the levels were in the ok range. I hardly ever eat red meat and don't have the most varied of diets due to food intolerances, so I have started having more red meat recently, just incase.

I've never been anemic and last time I had my blood tested the levels were in the ok range. I hardly ever eat red meat and don't have the most varied of diets due to food intolerances, so I have started having more red meat recently, just incase.

OK.
Liking to eat ice is often an indication
of anemia. Just thought I'd check.:)

I like firm things that break in different ways between my teeth. :)

I recently had roasted chicken feet with a friend for dinner.. the friend was too chewey :D, but the softened gristle between the fowles toe joints was interesting and the middle part of the foot was very soft and tasty.

Perfectly steamed rice. (Not soggy nor too dry)
Molasses-clove sugar cookies. (Slightly crisp on outside, moist and chewy inside)
Crispy seaweed snacks.
Fresh gravenstein apples.
Roast chicken, dark meat with crispy and salty skin.
Chocolate truffles.
:)

I like a lot of textures in foods. Sometimes the one I like the most depends on my mood at the time.

Little spheres like tapioca, soaked chia seeds, or tiny caviar.
Unbroken jello.
Rubbery cream of rice (with brown sugar)
Whole seeds and nuts like cashews, peanuts, and pecans. I love separating them myself.
Peanut butter
Mixing popcorn and soda in my mouth.

Chocolate...obviously! Got to be the right kind though, (Galaxeeee!) not slimy like Hershey's or grainy like Cadbury or tasteless like Milka.
Nom nom nom...

Hagen Daz chocolate chocolate chip ice cream. Perfect in every way; cold, creamy, just crunchy enough, and chocolate.

Regional brand, so most won't know, but Old Dutch Rip-L-Chip potato chips, absolutely awesome.

And another vote for dried seaweed snacks.

I'm the raw carrot fanatic! :D Crunchy! Obnoxiously loud, even! And so wonderfully juicy, orange, woody, great to nom while reading a book. Totally crunchiferous! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom