• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fiverr--Big Problem

DarkLady

alien baby
I made the mistake of signing up as a book cover graphics designer on Fiverr to try and get some money (I quit my job recently) and the order I just got is super confusing and beyond my capabilities, it seems. I said I could do print covers as well as ebook covers, which is normally true, but the woman sent me her own art (I usually do it myself) and she gave me very poor instructions for making a book template in word. I was expecting that people would have the sense to send me the template PDF from their publisher. She is using Xlibris, so I know there should be one, but I don't have access to it.

I made an okay-looking thing after all in word, per her instructions, but when I zoom past 75% or I try to export to PDF, it gets totally screwy. I don't really know what to do and I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into, but I have less than 3 days to finish it and get 5 bucks, and if I don't someone will be disappointed. Can any of you Aspie tech geniuses (I wasn't blessed in that department) help me out?

Alot of people charge way more than that on fiver. Honestly, a book cover wih professional artwork would run in the thousand dollar range. She is giving you five bucks. I know its 5er, but she is the one ripping you off. Even if you are super ametuer at photoshop, something like that is worth at least 50 bucks. You get what you pay for. A fiver should constitute something that takes maybe 15 minutes tops. Dont undervalue yourself, even if you are still a beginer.

I am an ametuer at graphic designer, I would not organize anyones book cover for less then a hundred.

New Threads

Top Bottom