• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fish farms on African coasts

Kayla55

Amongst all Grosse images of lice on salmon farms, we see companies try go deepwater to cure problem...
But it's spreads and kills natural sea populations and European countries are moving their farms onto shores of Africa to half cure the demand but contaminating the last clean resource and nature reserve.

25years ago the most amazing seafood existed outside RSA on other African countries shores, but these are almost gone...
Now what we have are Chinese telapia farm fish. The so called sustainable baby hake, why baby are they underweight, not growing, yesterday I ate the non-export and heads off there was something wrong with the flesh, tasted hard and rubbery. Often mostly fish is mushy and tastes awful.

If there are nature lovers out there I bring this to your attention, research and see what I am saying.

When we have polluted the last continents oceans then will China, and Netherlands care?

I agree. I have seen a few documentaries on this topic, as well, but mostly from a northern European, Asian, and US perspective. No doubt, this is a global issue.

There seems to be only small pockets of the fishing industries that are focusing upon this whole idea of "sustainability" from a scientific, ecosystem perspective. Lessens learned from the forestry industry with their tree replanting programs perhaps, i.e. reproducing and growing the young fish, then releasing them out into the wild, allowing them to maintain a population. Instead of harvesting krill and other small fish for our "omega-3/fish oil" supplements, a huge industry that significantly reduces feeder fish for larger fish, it is better to simply grow the seaweed that actually is the primary source of omega-3 oil. Interestingly, omega-3 does not come from the fish, per se, but rather the algae that is in their environment that they consume. So, just grow the algae and harvest that, instead. Just an example of "it's not what we do, but rather how we do". Others, as you've pointed out, are mainly concerned about the cheapest way to make a lot of money, which is ultimately destructive in the long run.

It's a rare thing for human beings to be proactive in their approaches to potential crisis. The more common behaviors are typically reactionary to something that has already happened.

If there is any hope for humanity, at least in my mind, it is the people in this world with a neurodivergent mind that will pause, question, and do something different. I don't have much hope in relying upon the neurotypical "sheep" that make up most of the population, as they will all "jump off of a cliff" if the rest are doing it, as well.

Amongst all Grosse images of lice on salmon farms, we see companies try go deepwater to cure problem...
But it's spreads and kills natural sea populations and European countries are moving their farms onto shores of Africa to half cure the demand but contaminating the last clean resource and nature reserve.

25years ago the most amazing seafood existed outside RSA on other African countries shores, but these are almost gone...
Now what we have are Chinese telapia farm fish. The so called sustainable baby hake, why baby are they underweight, not growing, yesterday I ate the non-export and heads off there was something wrong with the flesh, tasted hard and rubbery. Often mostly fish is mushy and tastes awful.

If there are nature lovers out there I bring this to your attention, research and see what I am saying.

When we have polluted the last continents oceans then will China, and Netherlands care?
I don't like to eat fish, but I love to watch them swim! They are important and beautiful. Every creature has it's place and purpose, even you and me

One of the best things that can done for the oceans is to ban plastic. Plastic is made from petroleum. As food sources become increasingly rare and contaminated, I guess we'll start eating each other.

One of the best things that can done for the oceans is to ban plastic. Plastic is made from petroleum. As food sources become increasingly rare and contaminated, I guess we'll start eating each other.
I heard recently politicians have introduced a bill to ban military style fishing poles and high capacity fishing line. LOL it's just a joke

Why is this of value or concern to you? What control do you have over this?
Eco-system
A balance
A nature reserve/continent left to future generations that care to see beauty.
The fact that most inventions are actually discoveries of animal evolutions and humans are so arrogant as to believe they did these things.
Because until we find equally as diverse planet this one needs protecting.

The Dutch try to maintain sustainable in hake, the salmon farms taken deep ocean not near reserves....I know the Canadians used to overfishing wild salmon near extinction on own waters, that's why we suspected Huguenots of smuggling these rock lobsters out Portuguese restaurants, then we confirmed Chinese fishing boats on African waters.
I don't know why Portuguese put these on menu as they beautiful lobsters and should live free. I know the regular lobsters (orange) are shown in tanks but in kitchen they take out frozen ones, replace lobsters to tank at end of shift.

Attachments

• download (17).jpeg
    download (17).jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 43

New Threads

Top Bottom