• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling Undefined

All-Rounder

❃⚜uwu awoo uwu⚜❃
V.I.P Member
I have for a long time longed to know what it is that defines me. When asking people, things aren't very explicit, and they don't talk to me about me, I usually have to pull the info out of them. But I always remain just as confused.

What am I like? I have so many different things that I like, what is my style? I feel like I have no staple things I wear. Seeing from the interior of myself is very hard, what do I sound like? What are my quirks and likable features?

I used to endlessly talk about these things about others but I felt like I couldn't get the same about myself.

When I have been asked: what am I like? What tastes etc, I have not been able to answer, because of how undefined I felt, but am getting better now, so must mean I do feel a bit more defined.

I have for a long time longed to know what it is that defines me. When asking people, things aren't very explicit, and they don't talk to me about me, I usually have to pull the info out of them. But I always remain just as confused.

What am I like? I have so many different things that I like, what is my style? I feel like I have no staple things I wear. Seeing from the interior of myself is very hard, what do I sound like? What are my quirks and likable features?

I used to endlessly talk about these things about others but I felt like I couldn't get the same about myself.

As you grow older, you will come to better understand yourself. I was pretty clueless about my true self at your age, too. And still occasionally surprise myself about who I am now that I'm in my 60s. ;)

I always held a picture of a better me in my mind. Someone who was kind, brave, strong, loved freely, was wise, and always ready to protect others.

As you grow older, you will come to better understand yourself. I was pretty clueless about my true self at your age, too. And still occasionally surprise myself about who I am now that I'm in my 60s. ;)
The more I learn about myself the more confused I get. It's like a havoc of things that are like puzzle pieces. It's always so strange to not have like a mirror. When I try to process myself I can't look at the facts like I would analyze somebody else. when i read what I write it's hard to imagine myself.. Maybe I should make a list and just put it together in a full image

Don't we change and remorph constantly? Some days, l am a better version of me then 5 or 3 or 1 year ago. Other days l feel like a factory reject, but these days rarely happen.

If you're able to endlessly talk about it with others then just do the same yourself, seeing yourself as as a different person, as if you had met yourself. The only difference is you have even more information than you do when you do it for others.

New Threads

Top Bottom