• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling Self Conscious about looks

So, I know I don’t look drop dead gorgeous. But i’m not sure where I rate on a scale of 1-10, i’ve never dated or been in a relationship.

Few people praise me Bar my parents. I notice when I make an effort I don’t get too many compliments.

Yesterday I was at a special event, so I dressed up. Following the event I took a photo on put it on FB. I don’t upload unless I think it looks respectable.

Anyway, just received a few likes. No likes from friends etc. Made me feel very insecure and self conscious.

Not sure why my photos don’t get likes, but it’s something that I notice. Very upsetting.

(Why wouldn’t friends and family like my photo?)

Makes me wonder if people don’t want me to do well.

Click on the underlined O to see the photo.
O

Am married, have dated a lot and have studied psychology, Looks are nowhere near as attractive as confidence, master that and you are good to go

Last edited:
OP, you sound like you're on the young side, possibly late teens or early 20's where fitting in seems to take precedence over nearly everything. You're probably a minority like me, who is just kinda average, plain and not too exciting. I've been this way all of my life with some regrets that I can't change who I am. But, I can tell you with certainty, that there will be people who will understand who you are and find beauty in simplicity.

I'm a tall 50's aspie male who's been told many times by the opposite sex that I'm not good looking, that I'm boring or that I'm not normal. My wife who's early thirties is a nice looking short thin woman who is not an aspie but prefers "boring" for the sake of simplicity and routine. She frequently jokes that I'm ugly, but only on the outside. We are an unlikely couple. My point is, you don't have to be good looking, exciting or popular..... Who you are will be perfect for someone else.

New Threads

Top Bottom