• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

feeling lonely need advice.

kargar

Ok so firstly hi this is my first post on here i have been diagnosed with asperger's since the age of 8-9 (i am currently 22) i have a good group of friends not many but they are good and they all know about it. But for a while know i have been feeling very lonely i am the only single one in my group of friends and its gotten to the point where i spend time with them and i feel horrible and need to walk away. I have been wanting to date for around two to 3 years now but just haven't had any luck with meeting people. They have spoken to me about it but we are a very closed group and don't really get many new people often.

Is it normal to feel like this for people with asperger's i read that a lot of us don't want to get married or have family's Is this true. i have tried dating sites a lot to find someone but just cant seam to get someone interested and its getting me down a lot. i recently made friends with a women online who might of been interested but we have just become friends which has happened which all of my interests the last 3 years and after this i feel so much worse then before as it was a chance of a lifetime and we clicked so well which has never happened before.

I dont know what to do my friends have said that u don't need someone else to be happy but i just keep feeling down and after this last time i feel horrible and just cant work out what to do. can any aspies lend a hand with this as i want a opinion from people who share the condition.

p.s sorry about the spelling and grimmer i suck at these posts.

Hello kargar, and welcome to AC. The situation you find yourself in will be familiar to many of us here. I hope that you are able to find support and, hopefully, sound advice. It is a great group of people.

New Threads

Top Bottom