• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feast of Booths

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
I hope everyone celebrating it is enjoying it. I really would like to attend one sadly though Yah has not opened that door for us and it seems it might get tighter for us if they push for the demand for a vaccine passport to travel.

It's not really something that you have to "attend". Just have a picnic on your back porch, or in a picnic shelter, or even under some shade trees, and enjoy the good life, thanking God for all His blessings. That's Sukkot in a nutshell.

I mean, if you want to be fancy, you can make a Sukkah, or even just put up a tarp. But we've always just tried to get outdoors, even just under the back porch. Nothing fancy.

True but attending with like minded people would be better as that is the point in the first place.

One idea is if you are into the Jewish roots of Christianity is to attend Synagogue services at an actual Rabbinical Jewish temple. I suggest a Reform or Conservative temple, as the services will be mostly in English. Also, Chabad is always fun!

Sit towards the back, and be respectful and quiet, and learn about the actual Jewish roots of your Christian faith. Afterward there is usually a yummy nosh, and all the old ladies will want to meet you. At this time, it is okay to say that you are a Christian that is interested in the Jewish roots of your faith.

But do not preach anything, or make up some big story. Also don't call yourself a "Hebrew". Just be friendly. Judaism is a very accepting and affirming culture and they'll be fine with you there, and curious about you. But there has been a long tradition going back 2000 years of forced assimilation and murder committed by people who put their faith in Yeshua. So just be a friendly, social observer.

You'll be amazed by the ancient beauty of the faith tradition that Yeshua called His own.

No thanks I am not christian or Judaism and don't wish to be associated with those man made traditions. I am bible only.

New Threads

Top Bottom