• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite TV Show/Series?

Star Trek: The Original Series. The Next Generation is good also and I must say I enjoy the new movies as well (and, of course, the old movies).

My friend has been getting me into NextGen. I am liking it. Never seen the original series, so I went into the films with no knowledge of the lore and quite enjoyed them.

I have been watching the Wonders documentaries and am crushing pretty hard on Brian Cox now.

I have enjoyed Dr Who (though I think after the very good first(5th) season w Matt Smith, the following seasons have all been anti-climatic-he'sstill good, it's just the episode plots leave me feeling like something's missing). I think Christopher Eccleston had an amazing presence...his relationship with Rose was really interesting.

I have been watching the Wonders documentaries and am crushing pretty hard on Brian Cox now.

How could you not have a crush on Professor Cox? He is one dreamy physicist *sigh*. I think I have watched every 'Wonders ' documentaries produced. I am kind of mad for the Prof. Okay, so a lot mad for him haha! Have you checked out his website Apollo's Children great place to start if you are anything like me and have to delve into the detail of the man's ingenious work. Some other places to find his work Manchester Particle Physics Home and of course ATLAS Experiment I recommend the viewing gallery of images at Atlas ;)

How could you not have a crush on Professor Cox? He is one dreamy physicist *sigh*. I think I have watched every 'Wonders ' documentaries produced. I am kind of mad for the Prof. Okay, so a lot mad for him haha! Have you checked out his website Apollo's Children great place to start if you are anything like me and have to delve into the detail of the man's ingenious work. Some other places to find his work Manchester Particle Physics Home and of course ATLAS Experiment I recommend the viewing gallery of images at Atlas ;)

Surprisingly enough, I have not. That will now change. Thanks!

I have enjoyed Dr Who (though I think after the very good first(5th) season w Matt Smith, the following seasons have all been anti-climatic-he'sstill good, it's just the episode plots leave me feeling like something's missing).
Though I may be inclined to disagree with you, my bias displayed so obviously via my profile picture, in reality I am an avid fan of the previous Doctor. Tennant was, and will forever be, MY Doctor. Eccleston was great and Smith is fine and dandy (I love the bow-tie and the individual quirks he has brought to the character) but not a patch on MY Doctor. Obviously I have found new inspiration in his latest companion, Clara Oswin Oswald, a.k.a. The Impossible Girl. I found her story line intriguing but rather short lived. I obviously enjoy Clara's character. Her wit is quite remarkable and, of course, she suits the Doctor well. I think he may have his hands full with this one.
Though, I do wonder where to next? Will we ever encounter a story such as, Rose and The Doctor? Perhaps not.
However, I would speculate the continuing evolution of Smiths character really does requires a dynamic companion, not unlike The Impossible Girl.
I'd be willing, if he'd only drop by in the TARDIS and save me from this Asylum. ;)

Though I may be inclined to disagree with you, my bias displayed so obviously via my profile picture, in reality I am an avid fan of the previous Doctor. Tennant was, and will forever be, MY Doctor. Eccleston was great and Smith is fine and dandy (I love the bow-tie and the individual quirks he has brought to the character) but not a patch on MY Doctor. Obviously I have found new inspiration in his latest companion, Clara Oswin Oswald, a.k.a. The Impossible Girl. I found her story line intriguing but rather short lived. I obviously enjoy Clara's character. Her wit is quite remarkable and, of course, she suits the Doctor well. I think he may have his hands full with this one.
Though, I do wonder where to next? Will we ever encounter a story such as, Rose and The Doctor? Perhaps not.
However, I would speculate the continuing evolution of Smiths character really does requires a dynamic companion, not unlike The Impossible Girl.
I'd be willing, if he'd only drop by in the TARDIS and save me from this Asylum. ;)
Tennant is clearly my brother's favorite, and I understand why; Something about Matt Smith, however, kind of draws me in. Maybe because he's a teeny bit like the guy I once fell for. (Even though that guy was private and reserved and Smith is very flamboyant.) I have not seen all the most recent season, as I have to either wait for each season to come out on netflix, or catch an episode while visiting my mom :) I have met the Impossible Girl in one episode. I do feel like she fits this doctor better than Amy.

Last edited:
Oh so I will try not to give too much away ;) Clara, aka the impossible girl aka Souffl? girl, is my new hero :) I used to love Rose, and thought (Doctor) Donna was simply fabulous! Such a different character to the previous ones, but Clara is my new girl. I think she is just what the doctor ordered ;) hee hee

I have been watching The IT Crowd, and mostly enjoying it. I am still unsure, though, if the sexism that saturates it is meant to be ironic.

Finally catching up with season 4 of The Vampire Diaries and that has overtaken a few of my favourite shows. The Originals is already on my list and it hasn't even started yet. Also six or so episodes into the sopranos for the first time and it is amazing.

There are several series this fall i am looking forward to, including agents of SHEILD, almost human, intelligence, and a few more.

My all time favorite show is Avatar: The Last Airbender. I don't watch tv anymore so I don't know what shows are current. I have also liked Seinfeld, X Files, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and Futurama.

Anybody watch Red dwarf? I love that show. Kryten always reminded me somewhat of myself, what with his social bumbling's, especially at the beginning of the series.
The IT crowd are hilarious too! Kind of pales in comparison to the crassness of Green Wing though. Anybody seen it? I watched the entire series. Very random show, and hard to follow at times but they are simply unforgettable characters! Boyce and Dr Statham are probably my fav's. I highly recommend the show, if you are not easily offended anyway ;)

Are you being served haha loved that show but Faulty Towers was a big fav in our house too. I also used to repeat lines from Allo Allo and get the strangest looks, hey I was a kid so probably understandable then. We downloaded a heap of old series to watch over and over. I have started watching Black Adder from the beginning. I forgot how funny it was. Great being able to access old shows so easily via the computer. TV is one of my obsessions but I tend to watch a lot of repeats and not keep up with regular programming. I watch a lot of documentaries too. Any kind. Mostly science and psychology really, or any repeated shows that I have already watched haha I like familiar ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom