• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite TV Show/Series?

"Hell's Kitchen," "Kitchen Nightmares," "Restaurant Stakeout," "Mystery Diners," "Beyond Scared Straight," "Bar Rescue"

I also used to be a big Simpsons fan. Saw the first episode when I was seven years old and watched religiously for next fifteen years. Sadly in the past five years or so, I just feel like the stories just don't make any sense, like maybe the writers ran out of ideas. I've wondered if I just got too old to "get it", but I really think the shows have gone way down hill. What do you think?

Right now I think the two best shows on television are Breaking Bad and Adventure Time. The former is masterfully crafted, well-acted, and has the best writing I've ever seen. AT is extremely weird and, I think, quite touching at times. I don't own a tv, so I have to wait until I can get the DVD from Netflix. I really liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer too. I also have been getting into Daria and am LOVING it- perhaps a lot of us could relate to it. :cool:

Heroes (completely obsessed and am currently writing 2 fan novels to start off my own unofficial expanded universe), House, The Vampire Diaries, Lost, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development and Malcolm in the Middle are the ones that come to mind first. Of course I still watch and love a lot of other shows.

I agree, although the flip flopping in the first half of season 3 was a little annoying.

The Larry Sander's Show (old HBO show)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Tough Crowd with Colin Quin (Comedy Central)
Dinner for Five (IFC)
Dr. Katz - a cartoon with comedians in therapy. Hilarious. (Comedy Central)

I recently got a new digital box add on for my TV which has the BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD etc which has a wealth of old and new programmes. Over the past few weeks my favourite programme has been the archaeology show Time Team presented by Tony Robinson (he played Baldrick in the 1980s comedy show Blackadder). I was saddened to hear about Mick Aston, the landscape archaeologist who appeared on Time Team since it started in 1994 until 2011 who died a few days ago at the relatively young age of 66.

I am an Impossible Whovian. Huge fan of David Tennant. I am obsessed with the quantum world so, any science/space documentaries and anything Prof. Brian Cox EVER does has me entranced. I like Mythbusters, American Horror Story and CSI (all of 'em) My new favourite though, is Hannibal. Yep. Oh and am totally addicted to The Block.

Being a child of the '80s, most of my favorite series are from that time period:

Airwolf--which I write fanfiction for, over at robertwnielsen | FanFiction

The Incredible Hulk ("Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME when I'm angry!!")--I still consider this the biggest understatement in the history of episodic television!

The Dukes of Hazzard

Knight Rider

And, a holdover from the '70s, the original Battlestar Galactica.

So, there you go. :)

Being a child of the '80s, most of my favorite series are from that time period:

Airwolf--which I write fanfiction for, over at robertwnielsen | FanFiction

The Incredible Hulk ("Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME when I'm angry!!")--I still consider this the biggest understatement in the history of episodic television!

The Dukes of Hazzard

Knight Rider

And, a holdover from the '70s, the original Battlestar Galactica.

So, there you go. :)
I know what you mean about the 1980s, I grew up during that decade too. The Dukes of Hazzard was one of my favourite shows. It was usually on TV around 5pm on a saturday and I used to buy some chocolate, crisps and fizzy juice especially for the occasion. I really miss those days. One of my favourite characters was Rosco the Sheriff and the car chases were good too.

I know what you mean about the 1980s, I grew up during that decade too. The Dukes of Hazzard was one of my favourite shows. It was usually on TV around 5pm on a saturday and I used to buy some chocolate, crisps and fizzy juice especially for the occasion. I really miss those days. One of my favourite characters was Rosco the Sheriff and the car chases were good too.

The only thing I dislike (now) about the car chases (I have several seasons on DVD) was--the General Lee hardly EVER got damaged from the jumps!! (I mean, watch the 32-car jump in "Carnival of Thrills"--how the rear end crumpled as soon as they landed--that should have happened every jump!!

And of course, Airwolf--the bad guys could expend ridiculous amounts of armament and only occasionally hurt the Lady--but all Hawke had to do was drop that targeting visor on his flight helmet (and sometimes, he didn't even have to do that), fire one missile, and GOOD-BYE! Enemy destroyed.

The only thing I dislike (now) about the car chases (I have several seasons on DVD) was--the General Lee hardly EVER got damaged from the jumps!! (I mean, watch the 32-car jump in "Carnival of Thrills"--how the rear end crumpled as soon as they landed--that should have happened every jump!!

And of course, Airwolf--the bad guys could expend ridiculous amounts of armament and only occasionally hurt the Lady--but all Hawke had to do was drop that targeting visor on his flight helmet (and sometimes, he didn't even have to do that), fire one missile, and GOOD-BYE! Enemy destroyed.
Your right about the jumps, a lot of them did look a bit high especially with the angles the General Lee hit the ground. If it was real life I think Bo and Luke would have had quite a few bouts of whiplash too.

Your right about the jumps, a lot of them did look a bit high especially with the angles the General Lee hit the ground. If it was real life I think Bo and Luke would have had quite a few bouts of whiplash too.

Oh, yeah...no doubts about the whiplash. :) Ah, but that was the wonder of television, wasn't it? Able to suspend belief in laws of physics (among others) just to make the story more fun. :)

Oh, yeah...no doubts about the whiplash. :) Ah, but that was the wonder of television, wasn't it? Able to suspend belief in laws of physics (among others) just to make the story more fun. :)

I think one of the ultimate TV shows to suspend belief in the laws of physics was Doctor Who (BBC) which I used to watch as a kid. Was it ever shown on US TV? I remember it was quite scary in some bits but above all it was fun to watch. The Daleks and the Cybermen were the most memorable and the Doctor could even travel back and forth through time too.

I think one of the ultimate TV shows to suspend belief in the laws of physics was Doctor Who (BBC) which I used to watch as a kid. Was it ever shown on US TV? I remember it was quite scary in some bits but above all it was fun to watch. The Daleks and the Cybermen were the most memorable and the Doctor could even travel back and forth through time too.
I don't know if it was shown in the US when you were a kid, but the recent seasons are shown in and highly popular in the US. (I think Christopher Eccleston had an amazing presence.)

I would probably not count it as a "favorite," but I recently started watching Portlandia and find it hilarious.

Last edited:
Star Trek: The Original Series. The Next Generation is good also and I must say I enjoy the new movies as well (and, of course, the old movies).

New Threads

Top Bottom