• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite TV Show/Series?

Lately:

Hawaii Five-O (the original)
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Dr. Phil
Dragnet
Adam-12
Local News
NBC Nightly News
Hopalong Cassidy
The Cisco Kid
The Rifleman
Highway to Heaven
The Saint
Burns and Allen
The Jack Benny Program
Law and Order: SVU
Batman (both the TV Series and the older Columbia Pictures Serials from the 1930's)
Star Trek (TOS and TNG, DS9 when it airs)
Lassie (boy, do I miss my collie and sheltie, let alone my basset hound and bloodhounds)
The Joey Bishop Show
SGT Bilko
Car 54, Where are you?
Emergency!
The Bob Newhart Show

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Um I have a few:
NCIS
Parenthood

Mutant X (cancelled awhile ago)
X-men
Criminal Minds
Stargate SG-1
Macgyver

This show is my current favorite (not to be confused with the Showtime series The Borgias), I just finished watching the first season on Netflix:

Borgia (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't really compare the two Borgia shows since I haven't watched the Showtime one, but the general consensus seems to be that Borgia is the more interesting and gritty one (one extra thing that I wish it had on Netflix was some bonus segments with people discussing the historical elements of the show):

“The Borgias” vs. “Borgia: Faith and Fear” (accuracy in historical fiction) » Ex Urbe

One tip-off to me that Borgia was probably going to be the more interesting show was that the pope before Alexander VI who appears in the first few episodes was played by weirdo German actor Udo Kier.

Last edited:
futurama-avenge.png

It's definitely not one of my favorites, but I have begun watching Fringe and it is great fun. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I have had trouble following the plot, so some episodes I have had to watch more than once. I'm almost done with the first season and I'm intrigued enough to continue onwards.

Started watching The Bridge, then I found out that it was a remake of Bron, a Swedish detective series with a similar plot. Luckily I have a multi region DVD player because I had to order these DVDs from England for the English subs. Just got Season 2 in the mail today!

Started watching The Bridge, then I found out that it was a remake of Bron, a Swedish detective series with a similar plot. Luckily I have a multi region DVD player because I had to order these DVDs from England for the English subs. Just got Season 2 in the mail today!

There is also "The tunnel" which is pretty much a remake of the same show, but revolves around the Canal tunnel between France and Britain. Haven't seen that one though. I like Bron more than The bridge though... perhaps it's the Scandinavian setting that seems more calming.

I heard about The Tunnel! Might have to look into it. I also prefer Bron. It'll be interesting to see if The Bridge follows the same theme in season 2 as Bron.

Switched at BIRTH! Which is highlighted at the NYC REELABILITIES Disability Film Festival coming up! In one of there hopefully more popular highlighted movies ! I'm attending some of there events/ movies including this one, in about two weeks. !

Things I watched in the past and I'm watching now: Big Bang Theory, Sherlock, Frasier, Heroes, Friends, Elementary, Chuck, Vampire Diaries, Lie to Me and 24 (new one is on TV soon!).

Since birth practically my favourite has been Doctor Who. I almost love all the Doctors and sort of saw him as a role model when I was growing up (my parents are psychotic). I have had many other faves throughout my life but Doctor Who was always the best.

At the moment, Hannibal, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Sherlock (well, I say Sherlock... The third season was terrible.) I also liked True Detective but probably would not watch it a second time.

West Wing reruns (on DVD) and NCIS. That's why I don't have cable, because there's not much else I enjoy.
I was really into West Wing for a while, but I got really mad at it when they killed off a certain character, so I've not finished it. :)

Right now I'm into Fringe. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be, not being a big fan of Lost.

I feel like I've done this before, but couldn't find my post, so here it is anyway, in no particular order:

• Dexter
  • House
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Last Airbender
  • Suits
  • The Carrie Diaries
  • The O.C.
  • Seinfeld
  • The Simpsons (old school)
  • Futurama

I feel like I've done this before, but couldn't find my post, so here it is anyway, in no particular order:

• Futurama

LOL...who needs movie apocalyptic visions of the future when you have Futurama?

Always loved that show....:D

I am a big Legendary Journeys and Warrior Princess fan, but my current obsessions are Black List, Almost Human, Haven, and Sherlock. James Spader makes a great criminal mastermind, and Benedict Cumberpatch is hysterical and entertaining as Sherlock Holmes. I would have watched Spartacus, due to the fact that a) it's ancient Rome, one of my favorite areas of study, and b) because Lucy Lawless is in it. Unfortunately, it's more graphic in regards to certain things than I would like. NCIS was ruined after Ziva left. Why can't they get someone to stay in that role? That role, and the director role are the only ones that change! Anyhow, the Black List is getting very interesting. Can't wait to see what Raymond Reddington has in store for a certain character that me and my mom would love to see go bye-bye. Of course, I have to wait until Dad gets done with his stint on the North Slope this week to see what happens, so I've been surviving off of fan fiction. That has got to be the epitome of pathetic. >D I had better check myself into a rehab clinic for addiction to this show.

Also, I'm kind of addicted to Once Upon A Time. Regina and Rumplestiltskin are my two absolute favorites. I like Belle and Little Red Riding Hood really well, too. I'm wondering what weirdness they plan on incorporating once they've done the Oz thing to its end. The only other thing I can think of is Aladdin. Wonderland has it's own spin off, and they've already done the Little Mermaid and Rapunzel. They can't do anything else, can they?

New Threads

Top Bottom