• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite TV Show or Shows and Film or Films

I found the movie 'The Game' - 1997 exciting. 'Nicholas Van Orton, a merchant banker, receives a strange birthday gift, a voucher for a game, from his brother Conrad. When he actually makes use of the voucher, he falls in trouble.'

The Blacklist, Alex Rider, Tomorrow People, The Third Eye, You Can't Do That On Television, Locke and Key, Stranger Things, The Tribe, The Walking Dead, The 4400, Beyond, and pretty much anything dystopian!

Last edited:
I mentioned movies that could be 18 certificate in the UK, if so sorry. I urge people to check all movies are age-appropriate before viewing.
One of the plot's storylines in movie 'They Live' that I find fascinating is
'That night, a hacker takes over television broadcasts, claiming that scientists had discovered signals that were enslaving the population and keeping them in a dream-like state'

The middle class thread I started isn't accepting any more replies but this is related to it and to TV shows. On the UK show Gogglebox, one of two people while watching a clip, saw a violin case and said how middle-class is that, I had a triangle.

Here in the UK we have Freeview, I have been enjoying Bob's Burgers on ITV2. Channel 4 show the Simpsons this photo of the Simpsons looks convincing to me.
simpsons-trump-prediction-2-18243-1478727274-3_dblbig.jpg

Mandalorian, a lot of the expanded MCU, counting cars, original top gear, grand tour, House. Don't have a lot of extra time for TV though.

I wouldn't say Channel Four's 8 out of 10 cats does countdown is one of my favourites, but I think it's okay. I watched an episode where host Jimmy Carr asks Rachel Riley not to look so smug when she can answer the maths problem. I know it's a comedy panel quiz show, but I don't think she looks smug.

This isn't one of my favourite TV shows either. But I was watching Channel 5's the nightmare neighbour next door. A woman knocked on the door of one of her neighbours for very loud music, maybe instead of someone approaching a bad neighbour themselves it is potentially safer to report to the council or police instead of taking matters into their own hands.

Just watched a celebrity version of BBC's The Hit List for charity. I was confused why one of the presenters said 'you could potentially take home for your charities…'. They are not taking any money to their homes, money they win is going to charity. Why wouldn't the presenter say something like 'you will potentially win for your charity'.

You cannot even recognize the opening location to the famous Sylvester Stallone movie First Blood any more in British Columbia. Everything there is all overgrown.

That theme! :p

I enjoy programmes about the royal marines, the British army parachute regiment and now I am enjoying sas are you tough enough on channel 4. As a kid I heard stories about an uncle in the marines and about a cousin in the army. I appreciate the mental and physical training but not killing people.
SAS are you tough enough claim that it doesn't matter what you look like. It maybe us true but bullying does exist in the British army

Last edited:
Crime ,sci-fi crime but not the gory bits just the non gory bits!So Haven(syfy) non gory bits,Ellery Queen (NBC) ,ripping Yarns because of a single story format,Dance docs,wildlife only docs,hand crafts from reclaimed non animal flesh\feather sources ,not virgin wood,train journeys non hip celebrities\politicians yawn!,some! 1970s series

Salvation_Serie_de_TV-358792152-large.jpg

I just spent the last day watching this series on Netflix, I must say it is one of my recent favourites, I binge watched all the episodes, I can't believe they canceled. I got hooked even more than with Breaking Bad.

I haven't watched T.V. in years but we were staying at a friends house this summer with Dish. There is so much junk on t.v. these days! I've mostly been watching movie reruns:
X-Men (all of them)
The Hunger Games
Spiderman series
Batman series
Starwars series
Guardians of the Galaxy I and II
More but hubby is calling

Not much movies, it's too long for me, but TV series yes.

NCIS
NCIS LA
NCIS NO
Hawaii 5-0
Blacklist
Ted Lasso
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Elementary
Expanse (Mostly the book series, really. Mostly watch it for the visual input for when reading the books)
What we do in the shadows
Intelligence
Bones
'Allo 'Allo!
Parks & rec
Criminal Minds

New Threads

Top Bottom