• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite TV Show or Shows and Film or Films

What do people what do people think of movies 'they live', (1988) and the 1978 version of 'invasion of the body snatchers?
I LOVE horror particularly 60s/70s/80s. Not a slasher fan (Friday the 13th etc); I like serious, thoughtful films, super dark films, or comical (or comically bad). Those two films, also:
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
The Wicker Man
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original only!)
BurntOfferings
The Dunwich Horror
Zombi2
Alien (don't care for any sequels)
Event Horizon
In the Mouth of Madness (currently playing on repeat as background)
Dead Alive

Loads more but don't want to go on forever.

Might be easier to say I don't like regular comedies like Friends or American Pie, don't watch romance, don't watch sh*t like Real Housewives/reality TV. Don't like anything that feels insincere and forced to make a buck.
The goofy British comedies. The IT Crowd is newer and amazing.
And like many others here I love Mindhunter. Might be over two years for new seasons, so sad :'(

Also love "childish" fantasy, Neverending Story, original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Legend, Willow, Dark Crystal. Tom Baker Doctor Who - I don't care for any others.

Last edited:
Battlestar Gallactica
The West Wing
The X Files
Black Sails
Band Of Brothers
Breaking Bad

Last edited:
I LOVE horror particularly 60s/70s/80s. Not a slasher fan (Friday the 13th etc); I like serious, thoughtful films, super dark films, or comical (or comically bad). Those two films, also:
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
The Wicker Man
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original only!)
BurntOfferings
The Dunwich Horror
Zombi2
Alien (don't care for any sequels)
Event Horizon
In the Mouth of Madness (currently playing on repeat as background)
Dead Alive

Loads more but don't want to go on forever.

Might be easier to say I don't like regular comedies like Friends or American Pie, don't watch romance, don't watch sh*t like Real Housewives/reality TV. Don't like anything that feels insincere and forced to make a buck.
The goofy British comedies. The IT Crowd is newer and amazing.
And like many others here I love Mindhunter. Might be over two years for new seasons, so sad :'(

Also love "childish" fantasy, Neverending Story, original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Legend, Willow, Dark Crystal. Tom Baker Doctor Who - I don't care for any others.
I don't know much horror, but don't like the Hostel or Saw films or Sinister or Eden Lake!

I
I enjoyed They Live. Although I think it was a pretty bad movie really, I found it amusing.
Obey! Consume! Marry and procreate! :p

My first favourite TV show that I can remember was The Littlest Hobo.

I don't watch as much TV now, mainly bad movies, but I enjoyed the show Rick and Morty when that was on.

My real favourite TV show is a Japanese anime, LoveLive! It is currently being uploaded one episode per day on YouTube. Today will be episode seven. All previous episodes are still available to watch. None have subtitles, so you'll just have to guess what they are saying.:p
I liked littlelist hobo too, I am 39 in a couple of months, I like 80s shows films and music, I saw littleiest hobo in the eighties

Yeah, can't stand dubbed movies and TV shows myself. The language is important to the plot! I really don't mind having to read. :)

I hardly ever watch TV any more and I'm really not a movie person.

I used to love watching The Simpsons but I think the belief that a cartoon, of all things, predicted some kind of disaster is ridiculous. According to the Simpsons we're supposed to have had WW3 by now, from which the Americans were saved by the British, and we no longer have real trees and put up holograms of them in their memory.

Oh yeah, and the androids whose heads explode if they start to cry.:laughing:

I like The Andy Griffith Show, American Pickers, NHRA drag racing, Barnwood Builders. I also watch my two favorite preachers, Dr. Charles Stanley and Dr. David Jeremiah.

I saw Invasion of the body snatchers when I was about 10 years old. Scared me so bad I had to leave the movie theater.

TV: Southpark (As this is the most accurate way of displaying whats wrong with society, and politics in a exaggerated, and sometimes sarcastic way IMO)

Movies: Papillon (original), Braveheart, The Gladiator (Usually im more into comedies; but no comedy makes it to an all time favorite for some strange reason)

Series: All the standard stuff FTWD, Narcos, and plenty of miniseries, and docs.

The Invasion movie (2007)

Attachments

• hero_EB20070816REVIEWS708160304AR.jpg
    hero_EB20070816REVIEWS708160304AR.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom