• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite Movie Box-Art/Posters...

AGXStarseed

I was re-reading through the comments on another thread regarding video rental outlets and started to think about my own times wandering around my Dad's local video rental as a kid.
For much of my time there, I'd be admiring the box art and posters of films that the video rental store had - even if most of what I saw were from films that I was definitely too young to watch at the time, like Scary Movie or Shriek.

As such, I decided to ask; were there any movie posters and/or VHS/DVD box-art that you remember in particular - even if the movie it advertised for wasn't very good?
Here's one I remember in particular:

483d20558c86746f65b813722675b45e.jpg

Here's another that I remember seeing not long after The Fellowship of the Ring came out in the cinemas:

tumblr_ohjbzvFwrR1rwyqmxo2_1280.jpg

What about you guys? Was there any box-art/movie posters that you remember from the video rental stores?

We didn't have a VCR early on while stationed in Europe. But when we returned to the US in 1987, I remember these were some of the first movies we rented. Nothing special, just typical 80's B-grade. Looking at these I suspect some cross-contamination in the art departments. ;)

lf (1).jpg

prod_11858748825.jpg

I'm reminded of this 1993 film as well - which uses the Terminator formula of trying to save the past after a terrible event in the future. Ironically, the "future" of this one is 2022:

p14624_p_v8_aa.jpg

I'm reminded of this 1993 film as well - which uses the Terminator formula of trying to save the past after a terrible event in the future. Ironically, the "future" of this one is 2022:

p14624_p_v8_aa.jpg

I never heard of this one. Which leaves me with low expectations. But I am a Hamill fan, well more of a Skywalker fan, so am going to see if I can track it down just to give it a shot. :D

This is a local Norwegian movie poster that is special for me, it a stop-motion-animated movie from 1975 called "Pinchcliffe Grand Prix" and that car is the famous IL Tempo Gigante.

flåklypa.jpg

Last edited:
This is a local Norwegian movie poster that is special for me, it a stop-motion-animated movie from 1975 called "Pinchcliffe Grand Prix" and that car is the famous IL Tempo Gigante. It has two engines, V12 and 800 horses. And it is a real car, someone built one, I have been in it. It`s the craziest car I have been in.

View attachment 76724

@Nitro might enjoy this, you guys have a lot of cars but I`ll bet you don`t have a car like this over there in the states. ;)

View attachment 76725 View attachment 76728 View attachment 76727

Thank you Forest Cat, that solves a mystery for me. Many, many years ago I saw a fragment of this movie along with others in a TV program. I wondered what it was!

I like this one, it's a Swedish movie, Midsummer. Her expression makes you wonder what is going on. She has that nice flower-thing on her head and the nature behind her looks lovely, everything seems nice. Except her expression, something is not right here... It's a good poster.

View attachment 77124

Yeah, I've seen a review by Will Jordan of that movie and he wasn't fond of it (I can't link the review as he swears a fair bit through it).
However, I'll let you watch the film and decide for yourself if you're interested.

Interesting, though, how films that are frequently rated as average/poor tend to have eye-catching movie posters.
One example is this one for Evilspeak - a movie that got banned in multiple places and only has a score of 5.6/10 on IMDB, but definitely has a poster that I would at least check out if I saw it at the video rental store as a kid:

5VC6z7UU9nW1ONx7QUtwxDntpuo.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom