• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Quotes

Evil is coming down tonight
Evil is well known, in this folding starlight

"Kings Men Come" Michael Sele

"Sic ergo patet quomodo essentia est in substantiis et accidentibus et quomodo in substantiis compositis et simplicibus et qualiter in his omnibus intentiones universales logicae inveniuntur excepto primo, quod est in fine simplicitatis, cui non convenit ratio generis vel speciei et per consequens nec diffinitio propter suam simplicitatem. In quo sit finis et consummatio huius sermonis. Amen."
-Thomas Aquinas

"in poetry our motives are utterly similar to those who made cave paintings or petroglyphs, so that studying your own work of the past is to ruminate over artifacts, each one a signal, a remnant of a knot of perceptions that brings back to life who and what you were at that time, the past texture of what has to be termed as your ‘soul life.’" Poetry suffused everything Harrison wrote. "It’s totally uncontrollable," he said. "You don’t have any idea when its going to emerge, and when it’s not going to emerge. I’ve never stopped writing it....You can put off a novel for a while but you can’t not write a poem because that particular muse is not very cooperative."
_ Jim Harrison

RIP JIM HARRISON

A poem I like a lot (the first time I encountered it might of been when I saw a framed print of it in Italian at a bar in Florence/Firenze, Italy), I have a feeling many of us can probably relate to it:

"As Much As You Can" by C.P. Cavafy

And if you can’t make your life as you’d wish it,
try, at the very least, to accomplish this much:
do not make it less than what it already is
by mixing too excessively with the masses,
by hanging around and endlessly chattering.

Don’t cheapen your life by parading it around,
hauling it everywhere and laying it out there
for the dreary humbug of familiars and fellowship,
until it comes to feel like a curious dead weight.

Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get.

Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
-- Albert Einstein

“I must have a prodigious quantity of mind;
it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.”

— Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad

“This land today, shall draw its last breath, and take into its ancient depths, this frail reminder of its giant, dreaming self, while I with human-hindered eyes, unequal to the sweeping curve of life, stand on this single print of time…” – John Mellencamp, ‘Human Wheels'

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda in Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back.

"Live long and prosper" Spock in Star Trek.

"Wanted, Psychic, you know where to apply" Mrs Brown's Boys

image.png

"Don't mention the War!" John Cleese as Basil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers series 1 episode 6 "The Germans".

“The small talk that sprang readily to their lips came to hers only with a tremendous effort. After an opportunity had come and gone, she often scolded herself for not saying this or doing that, for laughing too loud or smiling too little. Whenever she tried to re-create the moment of contact, she was easily rebuffed by the slightest gesture, withdrawing all too quickly if she thought she was in the way. The old stone-and-brick schoolhouse, with its four gabled roofs and round little windows, was the only thing that seemed steadfast to her, while the beings that populated its rooms and thundered down its corridors were unreal and unpredictable. It gripped her like a monstrous truth that she was condemned to lead life without belonging or feeling close to anyone.”

Erick Setiawan, Of Bees and Mist

New Threads

Top Bottom