• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite lotions or creams?

OliveOilMom

I have some missing posts.
My skin gets very dry in winter and I have to constantly use lotion on my arms, legs, feet and hands. I've tried lots of different ones and right now what works best is the generic brand of cocoa butter cream from the dollar store. I use vaseline on my feet at night and sleep in a pair of thick white socks. In the mornings when I take them off my feet are smooth and soft. I wish I could do something like that with my whole body but I don't think it would be all that comfortable.

What does everybody else like to use?

I like to use avacado oil on my face. My skin is prone to becoming dry and avocado oil seems to help with this. I don't have a problem with dry skin anywhere else but like to use coconut oil as a treat, partly because it meake me smell nice but it's also a good moisturizer too. Coconut oil isn't good for using on the face though, when I tried it i got a lot more spots. I read somewhere that the pores on the face are a different size to the rest of the body and that is partly why using coconut oil doesn't work as well on the face.

I like to use avacado oil on my face. My skin is prone to becoming dry and avocado oil seems to help with this. I don't have a problem with dry skin anywhere else but like to use coconut oil as a treat, partly because it meake me smell nice but it's also a good moisturizer too. Coconut oil isn't good for using on the face though, when I tried it i got a lot more spots. I read somewhere that the pores on the face are a different size to the rest of the body and that is partly why using coconut oil doesn't work as well on the face.

I wonder if using suntan oil would work as well as coconut oil. It's hard to find now, but I like using Hawaiian Tropic dark tanning oil. It has no SPF so it's suntan oil not sunblock or sunscreens like most lotions you buy nowadays. I love how it smells and its absorbed well when you rub it in rather than just on like you do for tanning. I like how the old Coppertone Suntan Lotion smelled, but I don't use it anymore because it's all got some SPF or other and I don't like using anything with that in it.

I don't think I've ever seen avocado oil. Where do you get it?

I don't think I've ever seen avocado oil. Where do you get it?
I'm in the UK and get the avocado oil from the Nutri Centre. It's also sold on the UK and USA Amazon sites HealthAid Avocado Oil 100ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

Depending on the brand, avocado oil can be clear or yellowy/green(which has a slightly pungent smell and can stain pale coloured fabric).The Health Aid version is clear and doesn't have the strong smell or colour that some do. Some versions of avocado oil are desribed as a base oil and are sold for use on the skin and others are intended to be used with food, as a salad dressing, for example.

I wonder if using suntan oil would work as well as coconut oil. It's hard to find now, but I like using Hawaiian Tropic dark tanning oil. It has no SPF so it's suntan oil not sunblock or sunscreens like most lotions you buy nowadays. I love how it smells and its absorbed well when you rub it in rather than just on like you do for tanning. I like how the old Coppertone Suntan Lotion smelled, but I don't use it anymore because it's all got some SPF or other and I don't like using anything with that in it.

The UK and USA amazon sell the Hawaiian Tropic dark tanning oil . And wow! reading the ingreadients list made me think it would smell good enough to eat! :D

Mineral Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Plumeria Acutifolia (Plumeria) Flower Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower) Fruit Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Lanolin, Amyl Acetate, Fragrance

• Coconut oil
  • Olive oil
  • Tea Tree oil

I make a body scrub with olive oil and used coffee grounds. You just make a pot of coffee and then instead of throwing away the grounds afterwards you put them in a bowl. Make sure you squeeze all the water out of them that you can first. I put them in paper towels and squeeze several times until they are almost dry. After that I put a little olive oil in it and stir it up. You want it just moist, not really oily. I keep it in a tupperware type bowl in the shower. It doesn't stain the skin at all and doesn't leave a coffee smell really. I sometimes put a little vanilla in there too.

I've never used tea tree oil, I've heard it burns. I've heard people using it for head lice on their kids but the best treatment I've found for head lice in kids is mayo.

I love the Vaseline lotion in the yellow bottles. Its scent is mild and it's non-greasy (although they've recently put out a greasy version for no reason). Pretty much every other lotion is too greasy for me but that certain kind of Vaseline is perfect.

The only issue I've had with coconut oil has been the smell. I prefer argan oil, but despite a little going a long way, it's still expensive and you have buy it via Amazon. I now save it for special occasions and use a small amount of coconut oil for everyday use.

I don't know if you can get this cream outside of Britain, but there's a cream called E45 lotion. I have eczema and E45 is like magic with my skin. After using E45 lotion, my skin feels very moisturised, smooth and soft, and I'll wake up the next day with most of the dry skin healed.

I have used aloe since I was a teen as an aftershave balm. Originally I had an aloe plant and would break the tips off, now it comes in a tube. Best stuff ever, I also drink aloe juice to keep my G.I.T performing nicely.

New Threads

Top Bottom