• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite horror movies?

freddy krueger horror GIF by absurdnoise

the G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time) of horror.i liked what he said to one of his victims named Tracy,based on what he said to her,i would do that to any unwanted things like stigmatization,low expectations & being treated differently,as well as those amongst family & friends who get aggressive especially with those like us with any type of autism.

Last edited:
Silence of the Lambs was a great movie. I’m actually going to a Halloween party this year as Buffalo Bill. I will be wearing a blonde wig over a bald cap to look like I’m wearing a scalp, have a basket and a bottle of lotion that says “It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again” on one side and the other says “It places the lotion into the basket. Put the f-ing lotion in the basket!” I even have a small dog with floppy ears and ribbons tied on them. I’ve been planning this costume for almost a year now.

These aren't necessarily great movies but I've seen them more than once which I don't do for horror generally.

Cube (1997) is lovely. The concept of it really captured my imagination as a kid and I'm still fond of bizarre seemingly purposeless super structures (structural hostility and boobytrapped optional). If any other movie comes to mind for having such a thing, do let me know.

Room 1408 (2007) is fun for an almost adjacent reason. Essentially single character, single location. Entertaining like a haunted house. I imagine the book is very enjoyable.

Ju-on the Grudge (2002), a childhood obsession. Saw things in the corners of my eyes for a week after the initial viewing. Being young is truly the only time to get properly rattled by a scary movie. Seen it thrice more since just because it's well paced and nice to put on.

Both V/H/S 1 and 2 (2012, 2013) Absolute B-movie but the fact it's short stories means that if any section isn't quite your theme there may be something good up coming. Trashy jumpscares a-plenty but I like that it's like a found-footage concept jam. Fun with friends.

They live is really not a horror movie but it is a scary distopian future waiting to happen. Horror films don't really scare me any more though the real world is scary enough. I think the las time I was scared by a horror movie was The Ring, The Korean version.

Anything with ghosts, cryptids, or monsters is fine and I like a good story. I like things that keep me intrigued.
I recently watched The Shining (I'd never seen it before) and it was way less creepy than I anticipated. I was actually kind of relieved :sweatsmile:

You'd probably appreciate my favorite horror film. "The Haunting" (1963)

Very little special effects...mostly relying on a clever story of a haunted mansion in New England.

Another good one along these lines is "The Innocents" (1961)

Classy, old school movie about a haunting a governess is not prepared for in attempting to take care of two very strange children.

Last edited:
Why are they good? I don't get the point of them? I've tried but then they get scary and I have to turn them off. I am reasonably brave, IRL, but I can't seem to want to see pretend scariness. The ones that are funny I like sometimes though. Because it's clearly a send up or cleverly amusing...
i can't speak for most people however, i love horror movies. i find them super exhilarating, the adrenaline pumps me up and keeps me going throughout most jump scares and plot twists. i do understand they aren't for everyone though, my mom is terrified of horror movies. we usually try to accommodate by watching a favorite disney movie we both enjoy together haha.

i really enjoy psychological horror movies, some of my favorites are from the director jordan peele. the movie "us" and "get out" are my all-time favorites.

My absolute favorite horror classic is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982), followed closely by Return of the Living Dead (1985) which has one of the best soundtracks of all time. I'm not a fan of shock-value slashers with people running around like Scooby-Doo. I like the classic Universal monster movies, and a lot of bad old "B" films for fun factor. I'm a big fan of Rich Koz's Svengoolie, and have watched him on and off since he started in 1979. His movies and checking old Super-8 movies out of the library in the 1970's. That introduced my to a lot of silent films which included classic horror films. Phantom of the Opera (1925) and the first talking version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931) made big impressions on me as a child. In no particular order, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Fly (1986), Ghost Story (1981), The Shining (1980), An American Werewolf in London (1981), The Howling (1981), Creepshow (1982), Fright Night (1985)... You get the picture. A lot of stuff along those lines. Monster movies.

New Threads

Top Bottom