• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite bad movies?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
You know they are terrible, yet you cannot turn away from them. This thread celebrates those kinds of movies.

I will start by posting some trailers of my favorite "so bad they're great" movies.

EDIT - Apparently, bad gore SFX is against the rules, so I apologize for posting the trailers for Blood Feast and Lucio Fulci’s The Beyond here. But, yeah, I am a fan of low grade practical SFX.

Last edited:
*All of the Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone from the 40s.

*The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Rubber
it was on Netflix for a time and was about a killer sentient tire.

Hobo With A Shotgun
if you want to see a ridiculous amount of blood and gore with a stupid plot watch this, also at one point on Netflix

I would post the trailers but like was said above, they contain gore

Machete.

Also: Big Money Hustlas. An ICP homage to blaxploitation movies which is so terrible it always makes me giggle.

The Room. It's so hilariously terrible and stupid and so unaware of itself that I can't get enough of it.

Agreed. So. Bloody. Funny.

The first Sharknado, because they intended that one to be a "serious" disaster film whereas now, they purposefully make them terrible to be funny.

Battlefield Earth. Scientology sci-fi with John Travolta delivering some of his worst acting.

I meant to put an exclamation point + and an emoji:eek: - after " hubba-hubba " above!
GIGLI, with J-Lo and Be Afflek, certainly qualifies - it even sort of portrays " us " in the storyline? Not quite Rain Man, but:D...
I saw CATWOMAN, with Halle Berry, when it opened at s midnight show, a lot of the audience were black men (Well, I assume...I didn't follow 'em back to their bedrooms. Or the looo_O.) going " Oooh, Halle! " and " Watch out, girlfriend! " at the screen.

I second Battlefield Earth. My dad and I both read the books (they're not much better than the movie) then saw the movie. We walked out saying, "That was fun", and then ripped the movie to pieces pointing out every dumb line and inconsistency in it.

Some of my favorites:
The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonsai Across the Eighth Dimension
Big Trouble in Little China

...I meant " gay black men " above in referriing to the Catwoman audience above. Gay.
Some more movies of worth here are Ed Wood's " Glen Or Glenda? " (aka " I Changed My Sex ") and " Plan 9 From Outer Space "__and other movies Ed was associated with:)!

I meant to put an exclamation point + and an emoji:eek: - after " hubba-hubba " above!

You can edit your post after you've posted it. In the regular web browser, there's a link that says "edit". In the mobile version, there's a 3-bar "menu" icon that pops up with the option to edit.

I've become very familiar with the edit button because someone (clearly not me), keeps slipping typos into my posts.

Body Melt

I will never say this is a good movie, because it isn't. But when I just want to see some gory body horror, this does the trick. Can't post a trailer due to gore (surprisingly little actual melting, though - only one out of the nine afflicted people), but here's the Rotten Tomatoes overview.

Body Melt (2003)

...I vn't call them " bad ", exactly, but very early sound movies (1928-1939) interest me, with their sometimes incredibly static shots and non-moving cameras - This was a change from the fluid-ness of lste silent movies (Surely some here have seen a few of the most famed silents, like Chaplin or Chaney, Sr.'s?) and I believe people remarked on this at the time.
The whole " Early Sound/Pre-Code " period ('28-'33?) fascinated me, in fact, it seems more odd/exotic than silents are! I've seen what survives on the 'Netof the lost early sound musical THE GOLD DIGGERS OF BROADWAY

The whole " Early Sound/Pre-Code " period ('28-'33?) fascinated me, in fact, it seems more odd/exotic than silents are! I've seen what survives on the 'Netof the lost early sound musical THE GOLD DIGGERS OF BROADWAY

That's how I feel about some of those Busby Berkeley musicals made in the early thirties. 42nd Street, Footlight Parade....etc.

So funky they're entertaining in a strange way. Not what I'd call "bad" per se...but not anything I can relate to so many years later!

..Well, I just LOVE!:rolleyes: the Busby musicals myself?! I want DVDs of all of :em:p!
For a Busby movie that's in his style but is in color and from a later period, have you ever seen his 1940d " THE GSNG'D ALL HERE ", with Alice Gsye, Carmen Miranda, etc.? See it! It:d GREAT:mask::tongueout:!

I have always hated E.T. The Extraterrestrial, because I find him freaky-looking. To this day, I cannot watch that movie or see pictures of him. Not sure how it is considered a "family" movie, and it is rumored that it was originally supposed to be a horror. Yet...I enjoy the rip-off of it "Mac and Me." I know it is bad--hilariously and horrifically so--but I love to watch it anyway.

Also, I feel like Spider-Man 3 is not as bad as many people claim it is. I like it a lot better than the first one (I think the best part of the first one is Willem Dafoe). Sure, 3 has too many villains (Topher Grace, as much as l like him, was not needed and wasted as Eddie Brock/Venom; although Harry needed to be New Goblin and I enjoyed the Sandman), and emo Peter was majorly cringey, but it did have its moments. The bell-tower scene was so beautifully shot. I would never say Spider-man 3 is a fantastic movie, but I do not hate it.

Lucio Fulci’s The Beyond
This is pretty great. Took a few watches for me to really appreciate it. The 'plot' isn't exactly coherent but he's said it's not supposed to be and there are some very striking images. Good soundtrack too.

There's a TV movie called Murder On Flight 502 that always made me laugh with its badness. Definitely one of the inspirations for the Airplane! films.

New Threads

Top Bottom