• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite animated movies.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
This thread is for our favorite animated movies, whether they are western or eastern, CGI or hand drawn, family friendly or not.

My favorite Disney animation is Fantasia.

My favorite Ghibli animation is Castle in the Sky.

My favorite CGI animated movie is Up.

Other favorite animated movies of mine from various genres are -
Belle
The End of Evangelion
The Black Cauldron
Heavy Metal
Belladonna of Sadness
Night on the Galactic Railroad
Barefoot Gen I & II
The Bad Guys
Finding Nemo
The Secret of Kells
Coraline
Paranorman
Spirited Away
Grave of the Fireflies
Wolf Children
Your Name
Gundam - Char’s Counterattack
Galaxy Express 999
Nausicaa in the Valley of Wind
Coco
Watership Down
The Plague Dogs

All of these are five star animated movies, IMO.

What are your favorite animated movies?

I'm not a big consumer of movies in general (I know, I mention this all the freaking time lol) but I also really liked Coco, Paranorman, Nausicaa, and The Secret of Kells (I also liked Song of the Sea which is kind of similar. I don't remember if it was made by the same people.)
Another one I really liked was Soul. I have always liked Monsters Inc. too. I liked Luca as well but not because of the name lol
I have been meaning to watch Encanto but just never got around to it.
I think I actually like animated movies more than live-action movies. I have seen (and been interested in seeing) way more animated ones than live-action ones.

I think you've got some awesome ones on there and quite a few I've never seen. I know I'm going to forget some really good ones. haha

But, I'll add a few of my favorites I can think of now. =)

Howl's Moving Castle
A Silent Voice
Ponyo
Princess Mononoke
Only Yesterday
Ferngully
The PageMaster (starts and ends with real people but the bulk of the film is animated.)
Kubo and the Two Strings
Weathering With You
Patema Inverted
Wreck-It-Ralph
The Boy and The Beast
MegaMind
The Road to Eldorado
Balto
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Brother Bear

For nostalgia, I'm going to pick the Land Before Time movies.

As for something newer, you're probably all going to laugh at me for this one since I'm a guy but...

Disney movie about a kid who is told to stop stimming, masks for a number of years, resulting in a sad and repressed childhood, then everyone panics and dislikes her when she's herself, and so she runs away until she comes to terms with herself (and a bunch of other things happen) and at the end, she can happily stim again and everyone is happy with her.

Frozen

For nostalgia, I'm going to pick the Land Before Time movies.

As for something newer, you're probably all going to laugh at me for this one since I'm a guy but...

I LOVE the Land Before Time movies. Me and my siblings still mess around sometimes and sing part of The Big, Big Water song we can remember. :sweatsmile:

I won't laugh. I'm not a guy but I like it too. It's got a really good story, which is what matters the most to me. :)

wow, what a great idea! i love anime, especially movies because the quality is usually so good!

as far as ghibli, its hard to pick just one (my favorite is usually just the last one i watched, right now it would be kiki's delivery service which i watched because i am sick and she gets sick in the movie).

@Metalhead you already mentioned char's counterattack, which is a fantastic gundam movie, have you seen mobile suit gundam hathaway? its on netflix and its a very high production quality with some great scenes of gundam destructiveness from the civilian perspective.
honorable mention for gundam is gundam F91, the story is unfortunately not great because it was originally a full season that got cut down to a feature, but the animation and gundam design is cool.

my favorite double feature is akira and ponyo, because theyre both about sort of primordial energy, but opposites. akira is the destructive nature of hate and ponyo is the creative nature of love.

i also love ghost in the shell, both for animation and themes, and if you like ghost in the shell, and want to see an even weirder movie by the same guy, watch angel's egg.

another fantastic one is the cowboy bebop movie, which just goes above and beyond. its bascially standalone, i watched it before seeing the series, and it was still great.

thats all i can think of right now, but great post!

Last edited:
Not a big fan of animated movies.
There have been a few I liked.

The Ice Age movies.

The Little Mermaid

Finding Nemo

Beavis and Butthead

Over the Hedge

In no particular order:

Road to El Dorado
The Iron Giant
Secret of Nimh
Land Before Time (just the first one)
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Sword in the Stone
Mulan
An American Tail
Rock-a-Doodle
Inside Out
Aladdin
Toy Story 2
The Prince of Egypt
How to Train your Dragon

Last edited:
Road to El Dorado
Land Before time (only the first one)
Mulan
Swan Princess
The Lion King
Hercules (I know its not accurate But i love it)
Balto
How to train your dragon (toothless is my cat!)
Ice Age (only the first one)
Frozen
Onward
Robin Hood
Anastasia
Atlantis
Raya and the last dragon (was surprisingly something that I enjoyed)
LILO and stitch
Brother Bear
Beauty and the Beast
Brave

One film that has been mentioned I feel a connection to. In the late eighties I was watching a program on the different kinds of animation and a clip was shown of two children in some kind of flying machine that had just crashed. A robot walked up and moved their flying machine.

I had no clue what the film was then one day over twenty years later I was channel surfing and suddenly I was confronted by this exact scene. I ran into the lounge and searched for the plus one channel.

That film was a Ghibli... Castle in the Sky.

Gulliver's Travels (1939) - Perhaps the ultimate original classic animated feature

Gay Purr-ee (1962)

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962)

Animal Farm (1954)

Last edited:
Sidenote:

Got a good chuckle out of the accuracy of this.... for those of us who grew up watching animated movies on video cassettes ;)

FB_IMG_1673545831933.jpg

My faverite Disney one is Tangled. Other top tiers Disneys ones are Little Mermaid, Hercules, Cinderella, Hunchback of Notradam and Lady the Tramp.

anime wise. I love Ponyo. I watch it as a child and was entranced by it.

Big fan of Despicable Me and The SpongeBob movie

New Threads

Top Bottom