• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite alcoholic beverages?

I'm not a "onstant" drinker, maybe once every 5 months or in special ocations but when I buy deer I like to buy Trooper by Iron Maiden, most because I like their music and their beer isn't bad. Sometimes Carlsberg or Smirnoff (the one that tastes like Sprite/7up)

i suffer with constant anxiety that regulary triggers challenging behavior if i or staff dont do something about it,and alcohol calms that anxiety,i dont drink alot at all but i drink every day.

i know its not good self medicating with alcohol and my shrink was supposed to have increased and changed some of my medications in the past couple of months but he hasnt instructed the GP to go ahead with it yet which has caused me to relie on alcohol.
my mother is a depressive alcoholic and has been since i was 5 as she had no outside support with me and the GP blamed her for my disabilities so she has carried a shame all these years,plus every other female in her family [she had 7 or 8 sisters,typical irish family from back then] were alcoholics to so perhaps there was a genetic link there.
my sister who is aspie is totally anti alcohol unlike me and i think apart from when she tried to look cool as a teenager with her friends and she drank a bit of vodka;she wont touch the stuff she thinks it will turn her into a copy of our mum.

I could see why you would need alcohol, as that general practitioner has not helped yet with a medication. Lots seem to use alcohol to calm the Anxiety, like you, and for taste as well. My sister who lives in a different state blames her heavy drinking on our alcoholic father. She says it is a family disease. None of us three brothers drank though. She thinks it is genetics passed down from him. Maybe. Maybe not. She thought it was cool, like your sister, too. In her case, she had a very high opinion of herself and wanted to feel sophisticated.

Salty dog (fresh grapefruit juice and vodka in a highball with a salted rim)

I also love chardonnay.

I don't drink alcohol, I've mentioned this before. I've also mentioned that I hate how western society treats it like the Elixir of Life when it's really a drug that, unless it's in tiny doses, totally destroys people's lives and the lives of those around them. I drink tea with caffeine in it and I know caffeine is a drug, too, but it's a weak stimulant and not as poisonous as alcohol.

New Threads

Top Bottom