• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite alcoholic beverages?

atrocityexhibition

Maybe I'm playing armchair psychiatrist, but I think you can tell a lot about people based on what kind of alcohol they enjoy. I like scotch and weird craft beers a lot. How about you all?

Ha, interesting, unusual topic!

I'm really curious as to what my favorite drink says about me (hopefully nothing too bad). I'm a Long Island iced tea kind of gal.
I'll also happily sip on most gin-based cocktails. Or just wine, I guess, if it's a nice dinner.

All of them. Haha.

Preferably top shelf, gray goose being a favorite. Dryer champagne, chardonnay. Not really the colored liquors, they don't tend to agree with me. Nothing too sugary. Good beers (not Budweiser, Miller, or any of that crap). Craft beers are awesome I always love trying new ones rather than always having the same thing. Sam Adams makes some interesting ones as well.

I haven't drank more than a dozen times in a dozen years, but when I was a teenager or in my early twenties I usually drank straight liquor, went through a wine phase too, and I also enjoyed Sam Adams.

Pinched some chivas regal from my parent's cabinet. The days of Canadian mist by the pint and Coldplay's viva la vida will never come back!

I haven't had a drink of alcohol in about 40 years. I tried it when I was and kid and thought it all tasted horrible. I got drunk a couple of times and thought it was disgusting. I think the only reason I did it was because everyone else was doing it.

I second @Questella , all of them!
Although my drink of choice is usually Stoli. If I had money aplenty I'd probably drink pretty cocktails whenever I went out.

I second @Questella , all of them!
Although my drink of choice is usually Stoli. If I had money aplenty I'd probably drink pretty cocktails whenever I went out.
How could I forget vodka? I guess I'm going to join your "all of it" club, after all.

Except beer, sorry. The smell upsets me. I should be posting that in the food aversion thread ;)

I was a tequila girl until the incident of 1999. Never. Again.
I moved on to bourbon and coke as a broke Uni student as they were $2 and I was a light weight and drunkety-drunk-drunk on just a pair.
Then, nothing for about 15 years except the odd half-glass of wine at an uncomfortable family dinner or perhaps a cointreau lime and soda to feel fancy.

Earlier this year was tough ... and in an effort to prolong summer and to cheer up, I tried a rum punch.

It is at this point I discovered I was a pirate.

Rum. Rhymes with yum. That's all you need to know.

I haven't drank in many, many years, but when I did it was only to excess.:rolleyes: With that said, my drink of choice was Wild Turkey.

I used to like Wild Turkey until one time I went out for drinks with my department after work. The boss ordered Jack Daniels on the rocks and I ordered a Wild Turkey on the rocks. When he drank his, he must have spit it out seven feet or more. Darned near watered the potted plants!

I took a swig of my drink and wow...what an improvement! LOL. I don't drink much, but I do appreciate Jack Daniels and Jamesons now and then.

I used to like Wild Turkey until one time I went out for drinks with my department after work. The boss ordered Jack Daniels on the rocks and I ordered a Wild Turkey on the rocks. When he drank his, he must have spit it out seven feet or more. Darned near watered the potted plants!

I took a swig of my drink and wow...what an improvement! LOL. I don't drink much, but I do appreciate Jack Daniels and Jamesons now and then.
I know loads of people order Jack and Coke :p

I don't drink alcohol; I just don't like it that's all. I drink grape juice instead of wine, and I drink Kvass (a fermented Slavic bread drink) instead of beer - and also instead of soda. I used to be a soda-holic at one point (especially with Dr. Pepper) but stopped drinking that stuff too because it's filled with unhealthy junk.

but stopped drinking that stuff too because it's filled with unhealthy junk.
Good for you! I avoid soda all I can as well, the stuff is totally addicting, if there is a case of Coca-cola here I will drink it all in a day or two. >: I'm totally convinced it was probably more healthy when it had actual cocaine in it. :tearsofjoy: Though if my gallstones act up I get to down the stuff, because the extreme acid in them breaks down the stones quickly, other than that I will not buy it. I haven't had another kind of soda in idk how long other than barq's root beer because my dad had tons of that for a while earlier this year. He's now diabetic and the soda had to go. I'm glad to see the soda finally go (he drank basically nothing but soda for years) but it sucks it had to be THAT to get it gone. :mask:

hardly drink anymore, when i do i like to enjoy something that is a quality over quantity kind of thing, a nice glass of red wine, or a nice belgian specialty beer, never really been into cocktails, energy drink mixers or hard liquor

I've been teetotal for about 6 years, because I don't really see the point of drinking. When I did, I drank either this:
wkd.jpg

or this:
download.jpg

I pretty much put my alky days in the rear view mirror after my neurosurgeon suggested it would be a good idea.

When I drank,it was always lager beer with a Crown Royal chaser.

Being from the Pittsburgh,Pa area,Iron City Beer was local and readily available. As the brewery started expanding and grew their market,the switched from returnable bottles to throwaways.

As you went further out of the city or went to places that had higher sales volume,the returnable bottles were phased out. The difference in taste and quality suffered in the lighter weight throwaways to the point it became necessary to ask what type bottle their Iron was in.

When the returnables were completely done away with,I was turned on to Yuengling lager as a both tasty and suitable replacement.

Typically,my shot of Crown would last thru two to three bottles of beer,as I don't slam it like many do,but only taste it.
That was something I learned when I was a pup drinking with older guys.

Last summer,I drank one full beer in one sitting.
I might try to do it again this summer :D
My airline bottle of Crown has lasted almost a third year now,as I had hit it pretty hard at several parties last year :p

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom