• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fallen Stars Kirby Fanfic Manga: A whole year was spent making this Alternate Universe.

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I'm a huge fan of the Kirby franchise ever since my foray into video gaming in general when my cousin introduced me to the SNES and subsequently Kirby Super Star, when I was just three.

Over the years I closely studied Kirby's simplistic but genius design, and tried, fruitlessly to draw him. Until one day I got it. Then, I practiced drawing him in different poses, first nibbling an apple, then dancing around a dome-shaped house, eventually expanding into joke comics where he is depicted in situations he would never officially be in (such as standing in line to get "sugar chops" from a butcher shop that doesn't even sell meat, only sweets), and then, I discovered the trend.

People on YouTube and other places on the Internet were taking Kirby's graphical template, and drawing their own details onto it, creating fan characters that strayed very far from the well-known ability of devouring an elemental creature and then copying its power; people were giving these characters weapons and gear, their own personalities, and in some animations that were on YouTube even going as far as to make him use modern language! (Eg, these little balls of fluff were swearing at each other as they fought each other, and so on.)

That's when the idea spawned itself in my head; it went like this. People were making fan characters and giving them their own persona's, right? What if someone out there (me) took it a step further, and not only made his own characters, but an entire alternate world set within the franchise's universe for them to live in?

Enter, my own series of hand-drawn fanfiction manga based on the Kirby franchise, Fallen Stars: Another PopStar, full name Fallen Stars in Time And Space: Elemental Stones Grown Into Sentience.

The Plot

It is the cosmic year 208X-Alpha. Marx, a being previously thought to be bent on destroying everything, has cast aside his evil ways, and decided to settle in as a demi-urge, watching over PopStar as it cultivated itself and thrived. He was never ending, and he watched PopStar tear itself apart through The First Anomaly War and The Second Nexus War. Kirbies were dying off, simple-minded, childish beings made of little more than stars and gas. This is the thought which crossed Marx's mind that caused the idea that would prevent PopStar's death: Kirbies were to be made not of a substance that decayed over time, but one that powered its vessel, and the world around it, through the various ways energy was handled. This substance would be gemstones, and from these gemstones would grow fully-sized, fully-sentient and fully-coherent Kirbies, that not only took on lives of their own fending for themselves, but manipulated elemental powers in the hopes that peace could be kept. Surely, they would still fight and harm each other, for the sake of family matters, friendships tearing at the seams and blood simply being thicker than water, but this was how it was before, and perhaps how it should be.

So, from that day onward, Marx made a pledge to, while watching over from the vacuum of space, take four hours out of each day to send thousands of gems with sentient life to what was now Neo-PopStar, which after the two Wars, was divided by the newly-elected being Light Matter into twenty-seven alphabetical "Sectors", the last being the "Zero" Sector, telling the gemstones to go wherever they felt was suitable, and drawing their elemental power source from wherever they landed and how it was used.

Years passed, and life continued to thrive, and here you see it now.

Here you see the story of countless...limitless...numberless....

Fallen Stars.

The Story

It's just a typical, run-of-the-mill Slice of Life manga, only, there are Kirbies with elemental powers. Oh, and there's a group family of a bunch of Kirbies who became friends somehow and they're living together and it's not weird, because only like three of them are girls and the rest are boys and one robot-computer-cyborg Kirby that's afraid of water, even though he's waterproof.

Kazuma is the main focus, the star of the show, and he's the one that brought the whole thing together. Very early proof-of-concept comics started with Kazuma, and if it wasn't for him, it wouldn't have expanded so much. He's really intelligent and possesses psychic/telepathic powers, but despite this, he can be kinda ditzy sometimes. Everyone in the Dome House still loves him though.

Kotton Kandace is Saito's love interest, and she's the cheery, lighthearted and bubbly girl that tries her best to keep everyone smiling and laughing, or a combination of the two. Sporting fluffy sugar "hair" and a sweet disposition, Kandace has the unusual power to move or manipulate anything made from plants, or sugar. Ironically, she hates fighting, and tries to stay out of combat, but if you hurt Saito, or try a piece of her hair... run, or hide. Because she can turn sugar into REALLY painful spikes that feel a lot like sharp, jagged rocks.

Clearwater is a mellow, relaxed Kitkirby (that's a fancy term for "Kirby with a cat-like appearance) with an extensive knowledge of nearly every kind of magick spell imaginable, and the captivating ability to hypnotize and control creatures' minds (of course, he's not evil; he's just cautious about who approaches him). His tail is naturally scented with lavender and it's a common element to be used in almost all of his therapy sessions (that he charges nearly L37 Laadvels for). He almost never gets angry, but has been known to dismiss people he finds annoying, very bluntly.

Cipher is the Dome House's all-in-one StellarWavesOS-controlled cyborg computer Kirby, equipped with over 900 antivirus engines, unlimited access to the StellarNet (the Kirby's version of internet), his trusty handheld computer the Fidget D.K.A. and a P.O.L.A.R. electronic weapons defense system. Thankfully, he's programmed to think and act just like another typical Kirby, free will and all, except for one rather obvious rule he has to live by: never harm an innocent. He's often the butt of many jokes.

Steel is a cool, collected, laid-back Kirby with the rather dangerous power to command any type of metal, and forge weapons from raw metal by pure thought. He's not mean-spirited or strict, but he doesn't like to be woken from a nap (according to several of his friends, you REALLY! don't want to try this.), and when he asks a question, you'd better answer, and with a good answer. But stow your fear: underneath all that hard, impenetrable metal beats a heart of gold.

Gacha is Kazuma's younger sister, and like Kandace, she's bubbly and excitable, with the notable exception of not only being telepathic like her brother, but WAY more powerful than he is. She is a lot calmer, but more friendly and open-minded than Kazuma is, enough that she'll feed an entire neighborhood from her own hand if it's starving. Just, whatever you do, don't make her mad. Just don't. The last person that bullied her tried to prank her during Winter by throwing a snowball with a rock in it at her; she had her back turned, but already knew the snowball was there, and telekinetically stopped it to a halt, crushed it mid-air, turned around, and...according to the school that reported the incident, the bully was then just nowhere to be seen, except for a large, house-sized burn that was in the ground, and Gacha flying through the air toward the South afterwards.

I'll put the rest here later, right now I have to go do something. See ya for now!

Right on, UberScout! What a great concept. The significant detail that you developed for the characters, plot and story is impressive. Way to go! My knowledge and understanding this genre is limited if not laughable to be sure but I certainly do like your enthusiasm and drive to create and develope. Sweet work!!!!

"Oh, thanks!" Kazuma says, nibbling a stick of Pocky.
"Cool, I guess." Steel muses while sharpening the end of a serrated knife he PK'd into existence out of a sheet of metal on the ground. (The Dome House is located a few miles near a local landfill, Steel likes to use it for spare weapon parts.)
"Appreciate the acknowledgement!" Cipher chirps.
"Wow, we're famous! Somebody likes us! This is so cool!" bleats Kandace from a distance, while lobbing balls of electrified sugar at a tree.
"I must say, recognition is quite a perk in this world." says Clearwater, half-aware what's happening through meditation.
Lavendoodle mutters something in his sleep and keeps snoring.

(See what I did there? Instead of responding myself, I incorporated the voices of all my cast into a thank-you reply to your post. I just broke the fourth wall, WITH the fourth wall.)

New Threads

Top Bottom