• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Facebook

1.Do you love facebook?
Not for socializing I don't but it is a useful tool to find information about my interests such as motor sport.

2. What do you love about facebook?
I have quick access to my photographs of my kids.

3. Are you an addict about facebook?
Not at all I use Aspie Central more.

1. Do you love Facebook?
Absolutely!

2. What do you love about Facebook?
Connecting with friends and family, staying up to date on the news, following my favorite actresses and musicians

3. Are you an addict about Facebook?
Yes, but I was more of an addict in the past. This was before getting an Instagram account and, of course, joining Aspies Central ;)

1.Do you love facebook?
I've got one, but I really don't love it. I was sucked into it because no one uses email anymore and I need to talk to relatives/classmates for whatever reasons.

Bejeweled Blitz, and being able to talk to my friends, if anything.

Only when I'm playing Bejeweled Blitz but other than that, nope. Just get on there for one second, and I get right back off if I've got no notifications.

Facebook is useless.

Perhaps not so much in the past, but nowadays it has become nothing more than a cesspool of memes, and nobody even clicks on links anymore--if it ain't fittin' on a medium-sized JPEG, it ain't so. Not to mention the complete credulousness of everything everybody posts that can be debunked with a modicum of research and critical thinking.

Once upon a time I was addicted. The honeymoon period is long over.

1.Do you love facebook?

1) I would not say I particularly love Facebook. I keep it because my family and friends use it. I don't want to lose contact with them.

2) I like the fact that you could post comments and has a private message. I also like how the user can customize it.

3) No. Again, I keep it only because my friends use it.

I like to keep up with my facebook friends & family, and it's a great way to keep an arms-length distance from those of whom I don't wish to keep regular contact with. Facebook does have its annoyances such as that friend who always posts disagreeable political BS, or the friends who 'Like' crap such as Walmart or 7up.

I don't like fb nor wish to have any reasons to linger in there.
I wish that after I graduate no new immediate deeds will be arisen so that I could inactivate my account. For now I seem to need it to communicate with my student friends who for most part are unable to use any proper means of communication. Mailing lists are probably so last decade and any great news feed systems might be too difficult to use for mundane people.

More and more I really feel that Facebook is becoming this neccesary evil.

And more and more I actually would rather just stay away. Not neccesarily deactivate my account yet. But just... not visit for a while.

Yet, and that's why it's becoming a neccesary evil is that everything I need to do to interact with the outside world goes through facebook. The clubs I frequent once every few weeks list their events going on on facebook. They don't have a website of their own anymore. It's like myspace all over, except back then it was bands. Back then bands had no website anymore, just a myspace page where you could check their music out. It's becoming the same with local clubs and events now. Even gaming stores in my area use fb exclusively to announce stuff. And simply put; I do not think it's worth it to spend money on busfares just to check it out and ask around "when is something going on". Most likely it will be met with "follow us on FB".

The time where everything had a website is long gone, just for it all to be rolled up into a collective "newsfeed" aka Facebook.

The other day I thought about this entire deal. I remember 10 years ago there were "social networks"... that evolved into "social media". Social networks were fine. It's where you can meet people. Social media is where a social network is becoming so involved in our life that anything from movies, tvshows, games, friends and pretty much anything you do in life is becoming part of this big network.

Facebook is becoming the thing, the internet was a while ago. A neccesary evil. A while ago everyone needed internet to send an email or just keep in touch through IM. Now it has become a single website everyone has to go to, on top of being "connected", just to keep up with it all.

And with stuff like google glass (which might seen unrelated to FB) this inclusion of your "online life" merging with your "offline life" is only getting worse. Sometimes I rather not think what the future holds in terms of "being social".

1.Do you love facebook?

Yes

Games, and keeping up with family and friends.

Yes

1.Do you love facebook?

Used to

Research, studying, meeting people from the past

Used to be

For me personally, when FB first came out, I had no interest in it. One of the college clubs I was in, I had to get FB to keep up with the events. Once I got used to it, I didn't mind it. I just didn't handle the "friends" thing very well at first. Eventually, I realized I could have a professional account and a personal account, and maybe even another account where I'm having fun, but not hurting anyone's emotions in the process as well.

FB was annoying at first, but it has been a great tool to help me seek out whose real and whose not. If certain people don't respond to me, and I see they have all the time in the world for other people all the time but never me, then I know that in a week or two or so, it's easier for me to "feel" things out and dump their @$$#$. I usually leave the door conditionally open by either using my professional account to add so and so back or, or letting them ask me to add me back on my personal profile if I think they care enough. Then if they are willing to add me back on of their own initiation and accord, then I know that they care enough to use the energy to do that. It's not the idea that it takes a lot of energy to add someone back on, because it doesn't. But it tests that person's "psyche" and true empathy for you. I don't use it as a weapon, only as a social tool when I really need to. It has helped me a lot in this respect.

I used to love facebook, but not anymore. I joined facebook way back in 2005 when it was strictly for college students. I guess you could consider me one of the originals. Back then, it was actually pretty cool because I was able to reconnect with some people I knew from high school, and had another way to stay on contact with people. I think it was at its best when it was just for college students.

There's not really much I love about facebook anymore. Actually, I think there's nothing I do.

I guess I used to be an addict several years ago, but now I go on my facebook page maybe once a week, if that. I've gone multiple weeks without even going there. There is nothing for me there anymore really.

New Threads

Top Bottom