• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Facebook, what do you use it for? Facebook friends?

I only really use Facebook to post nonsensical thoughts as statuses just to get them out of my head, and to communicate with two people I don't get to see in person as often as I would like to.

... Face ... Book ... Good god ya'll, what is it good for ?, absolutely nothing, I'll say it again :p lol jk just a little reference to an oldie song :D

I rather avoid some family members like my Aunt, who will sure enough bother me about money and etc since I was their little cash cow for a few years :/ I also had a little drama fight with some old classmates and want to avoid them as well ...

... Face ... Book ... Good god ya'll, what is it good for ?, absolutely nothing, I'll say it again :p

HA HA HA!! That's awesome, I LOVE it!!

I joined Facebook in 2006 when I had friends at work who used it ... but when my mother 'friended' me I locked my security down tight (as tight as FB will let you), deleted all my content (especially the pic of me smoking a hookah) & stopped using it.

I use it for publicity, several support groups, and a little bit of other uses, lately. I have a very active and visited blog, and will be making my second one live very soon. Don't think I can post it here. So feel free to go to the blog thread for it's link. The first is on sensory solutions the second will be on disability advocacy. 1 has a e- mail list thus far too. If you want to sign up for it feel free to e-mail me saying so on here and I'll manually add you, if you want in sooner then later.

I got on Fazecrook and used it as a highschool reunion until I saw that Zuckerweiner was actually compiling a huge database at our expense...you post it,he owns it...you friend someone,he announces it to the world...the latest ad campaign is very unhealthy for doing business as he compiles everything and anyone who contacts you and will most likely toss ads at your customers from his compiled lists...it gains him another upper hand at selling the lists to anyone who offers him the right $...Fazecrook is evil in my opinion...don't get me started about the rogue apps he sends our way...

then there is the must see posts from idiots who do no research before posting...dioxins from leaving plastic water bottles in a hot car..."on the Ellen show"...now there is a real scientist for ya...I already know that dioxins are NEVER used in plastic manufacturing and the only danger of ever ingesting dioxins would be if you took the power transformer off your electrical pole outside and ate it for dinner...Must see this...laughs

Last edited:
Facebook actually became one of my favorites after I added some of my mom's family. They all post interesting articles and recommendations. Otherwise I just use it to complain, to myself?
I've been told I'm hilarious, which means I pop up in the newsfeeds of a lot of people that remember my moods and never bother to say anything to me. Mildly creepy if you ask me!

I use Facebook mainly to keep up with the news, mostly news that pertains to my special interests (I use Twitter for the same reason). Believe it or not, I've found it an effective way to keep up with old friends, and even with current ones with whom it is often hard to communicate via other methods. If I come across someone who keeps posting inane, boring, or enraging crap...well, the "hide" function is right there. I post, usually links that interest me (though I never post or even click on anything like this), or some funny thought that occurs to me.

I liked the flexibility Facebook offered,but took offense to the information exchanged...another pet peeve of mine there was the gajillionth time repeat posted pictures from three years ago and those silly picture albums with nothing to tell you who is in the photos presented...I don't know your aunt Helen and your kid looks like the mailman's other kid...I could really care less how you feel or where you are nor want to see your dinner go cold while you take pix of it...a guy I went to school with friended me on FB...it seems the chief surgeon of a huge hospital who owned and flew a very expensive twin engine airplane suddenly had to ask for donations to help his own wife with her cancer...truck drivers do not make big money as it turns out...at least that was what his local newspaper said he was...I was told by Andy Warhol's nephew Mike Warhola that the Warholas settled in the Floreffe Pa area when they came to this country back 30 years ago when Andy was still alive and bragging about it was not even worth getting a beer for doing so...I mentioned that fact when a friend posted some Warhol art...he corrected me and told me Andy's family was from Pittsburgh because that is what it said in Wikipedia...I quit logging on to Fazecrook that day

Facebook, like many people, is totally inane. I went there to play Scrabble, then it stopped working, then someone signed me up for dozens of emails each day, thus causing me to ragequit the whole thing.

The sad part is possibly having to go back now. :unamused:

Facebook, like many people, is totally inane. I went there to play Scrabble, then it stopped working, then someone signed me up for dozens of emails each day, thus causing me to ragequit the whole thing.

I still have an account for a couple of people who won't use normal email. My privacy is locked down as tight as it gets. I removed all apps from my profile & ignore all app requests. If anyone tags me or sends me a message FB will notify me by email so I never have to actually open the site, because any time I did someone would start a chat & start nagging me to turn on my webcam. It's possible to 'be there' without really being there.

Sad thing is, when I joined in 2006, it was all geeks & techies, and it was a lot of fun. Now it's become the new AOL (for anyone that remembers it).

I still have an account for a couple of people who won't use normal email. My privacy is locked down as tight as it gets. I removed all apps from my profile & ignore all app requests. If anyone tags me or sends me a message FB will notify me by email so I never have to actually open the site, because any time I did someone would start a chat & start nagging me to turn on my webcam. It's possible to 'be there' without really being there.

Sad thing is, when I joined in 2006, it was all geeks & techies, and it was a lot of fun. Now it's become the new AOL (for anyone that remembers it).
I was on a group that was called Interesting Engineering that was really good until all the idiots showed up and started posting retarded comments from the FB peanut gallery...and AOL?:AOL that missed trash day... | AspiesCentral.com

any chance you might turn on your webcam for me...or get you to post some nakie selfies from your dirty bathroom mirror after you "enhance" the pics in that generic version of Photoshop that came with your printer?...laughs like I meant it...

Last edited:

you might try the 12 step program at FB/Anonymous...remember one day at a time...you will get a keychain every month you are clean to show your progress...now repeat after me "Hi,I am Flinty and I am a Facebookoholic"...need a sponser?
please take this as the sarcasm it was meant to be ;)

If I must be completely hones, over the last couple of weeks I have developed a certain resentment for facebook and here's why:

I have let random people from school add me, random people from college, the few occasional times I have been sociable, people I met once and never saw again added me, etc. I need to seriously tidy up my facebook "friends" and keep only people who fall into at least one of the following categories:

1) Family
2) Actual real life friends, of which there are very few
3) Potentially useful contacts

The rest are just worthless idiots who share images of the banana splits with the caption "better than one direction" (that's the most recent example) just to obtain as many "likes" as possible, 'gangsta' wannabes, knuckle-dragging ape-like individuals who think posting stupid "lad" memes about women belonging in the kitchen and how it isn't rape if you shout "surprise" is clever and funny, trolls, celebrity stalkers, girls who paint themselves orange and attempt to mimic the facial features of a duck with all their equally orange and duck-faced friends, people who take endless "selfies" or pictures of their food etc. I just have no time for those people, don't care about anything they have to say or share, and all that they do is overload my brain with useless BS that I can do without.

See, I've managed to get myself all frustrated by just thinking about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom