• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eye pain?

I know, right. I wonder how will it be driving at night with all those car headlights :eek:
I've been trying to get my driving license for about a year now, the test will be tomorrow :O

Aloe vera for what? For the eyes?

Now that you mention it i really have a little itch often
but i never really bothered to the point of doing something about it. The doctor only says that i must stop scratching it.

I knowwwwww, right! Feels like someone is smashing down and outside the sockets at the same time. When it happens(which is often) i have to get specific analgesic, close them off and just lie down there in the dark waiting, or else it won't stop
Aloe vera is for tissue -external skin or internal to reduce inflammation,usually from burning ,if you want to try it grow it yourself ,that is the best way,it is from the cactus family .

I know, right. I wonder how will it be driving at night with all those car headlights :eek:
I've been trying to get my driving license for about a year now, the test will be tomorrow :O

Aloe vera for what? For the eyes?

Now that you mention it i really have a little itch often
but i never really bothered to the point of doing something about it. The doctor only says that i must stop scratching it.

I knowwwwww, right! Feels like someone is smashing down and outside the sockets at the same time. When it happens(which is often) i have to get specific analgesic, close them off and just lie down there in the dark waiting, or else it won't stop
Migraine ?

I have a very hard time with most (not all) bright lights, moving lights and certain very particular levels of luminosity.
The obvious neon lighting and computer screens are my sworn enemies, but so are traffic lights when it's dark, for example, or a certain level a little before the sun starts going down. So I wear tinted glasses most of the time, not as dark as regular sunglasses, just a slight bit lighter (and the type that's darker up top & lighter on the bottom). The glasses are a problem at work because apparently they distract my coworkers, and they can't do any of their work because they're so busy gossiping about my prescription tinted glasses. If I'm home, I'll either stay in the dark with lights off (so soothing) or, interestingly, turn on all the lights, which are bright and warm, a little like sunlight on a good day. For some reason, that doesn't cause my eye to burn or hurt. Neither does sunlight; I mean, I will close my eyes if it's too bright, and I have a lower threshold than most, but the reaction seems more normal than my aversion for other lights.

Regarding the pain: I get a burning sensation, I do have drops for excessively dry eyes (drops with boric acid and hyaluronic acid + some kind of ointment that completely blurs my vision for 5 minutes, but 6 times a day) that have alleviated the feeling of sandpaper on my eyeballs, but I also often get the weird sensation that my eyeballs are simultaneously violently pushed into their sockets (as if someone were pressing them in with their thumbs) and about to fall out. Eye exams showed nothing, so I don't know what's causing it. I thought it had to do with how tense I was.
I've never considered hunger, though. I am getting this feeling (the pain) right now, and I am also feeling hungry, but it's the first time I'm paying attention to a possible correlation.

Migraine ?
Not that i know

I have a very hard time with most (not all) bright lights, moving lights and certain very particular levels of luminosity.
The obvious neon lighting and computer screens are my sworn enemies, but so are traffic lights when it's dark, for example, or a certain level a little before the sun starts going down. So I wear tinted glasses most of the time, not as dark as regular sunglasses, just a slight bit lighter (and the type that's darker up top & lighter on the bottom). The glasses are a problem at work because apparently they distract my coworkers, and they can't do any of their work because they're so busy gossiping about my prescription tinted glasses. If I'm home, I'll either stay in the dark with lights off (so soothing) or, interestingly, turn on all the lights, which are bright and warm, a little like sunlight on a good day. For some reason, that doesn't cause my eye to burn or hurt. Neither does sunlight; I mean, I will close my eyes if it's too bright, and I have a lower threshold than most, but the reaction seems more normal than my aversion for other lights.

Regarding the pain: I get a burning sensation, I do have drops for excessively dry eyes (drops with boric acid and hyaluronic acid + some kind of ointment that completely blurs my vision for 5 minutes, but 6 times a day) that have alleviated the feeling of sandpaper on my eyeballs, but I also often get the weird sensation that my eyeballs are simultaneously violently pushed into their sockets (as if someone were pressing them in with their thumbs) and about to fall out. Eye exams showed nothing, so I don't know what's causing it. I thought it had to do with how tense I was.
I've never considered hunger, though. I am getting this feeling (the pain) right now, and I am also feeling hungry, but it's the first time I'm paying attention to a possible correlation.

Interesting, for me sunlight is the worst, and car lights at night. But the invisible thumbs are real!!! That's the exact sensation. If you notice later that the relation between hunger and pain is real, tell me please

Does anyone else experiences extreme eye pain when too hungry and when exposed to sunlight? Does anybody else experiences eye pain at all? For me those 2 situations are triggering of a really deep pain, i feel like my eyes will fall out the orbit
Could you afford to see a neurologist,it could be as simple as your neurones have been connected that way.
If this is part of autism it won't be psychological, I remember spinal surgeons say the spine can regrow,so maybe your neurones could reconnect .

Might be dehydration, tiredness... I get the eye pain too... have it right now lol... I wear a cap and sunglasses often xD

As you're almost certainly aware, lots of aspies are over sensitive to light. I for-instance have my curtains closed permanently in my flat 24/7 and if I get visitors (which isn't that often), they've been known to mention it and ask for more light which I hate providing. I always feel more comfortable in semi darkness, but unlike yourself I don't experience physical pain if I am exposed to sun light, it's just somewhat uncomfortable and it's not as severe as some of my other traits.

Regarding your eye pain being linked directly to hunger, I've looked online and it can be caused by low blood sugar which would make me suspect diabetes, but I'm no medical professional and you have already mentioned that this isn't the case, especially since you've experienced it since childhood and that your mother also has similar symptoms (possibly a genetic condition). Perhaps you could still get a blood glucose meter however and check this theory out for yourself even if it's just to totally eliminate it, if this is related then you could discuss this further with your doctor. Either way I think you should persevere with seeking further medical help, the issue may be amplified or complicated by having aspies, but it's probably not just that. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
Does anyone else experiences extreme eye pain when too hungry and when exposed to sunlight? Does anybody else experiences eye pain at all? For me those 2 situations are triggering of a really deep pain, i feel like my eyes will fall out the orbit
has your m d tested your vitamin A and vitamin e levels ,deficiency in one or both can affect the eyes and stomach

New Threads

Top Bottom