• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eye pain?

NinaB

Does anyone else experiences extreme eye pain when too hungry and when exposed to sunlight? Does anybody else experiences eye pain at all? For me those 2 situations are triggering of a really deep pain, i feel like my eyes will fall out the orbit

I have never correlated eye pain with hunger, but I do experience it. My triggers seem to be stress and stimulating social situations.

What about sunlight? Well stress and stimulating social situations only trigger normal anxiety symptoms, legs get weak...sweating, heart pounds, and also a sensation in my head like everything around me slow down...my head gets kind of heavy...i don't know how to explain better

Does anyone else experiences extreme eye pain when too hungry and when exposed to sunlight? Does anybody else experiences eye pain at all? For me those 2 situations are triggering of a really deep pain, i feel like my eyes will fall out the orbit
Have you ever been tested for diabetes type II, I know diabetics get a lot of problems with their eyes and the fact that you got pain in your eyes when you're hungry must mean there is a problem with circulation to your eyes or maybe anxiety attacks

Have you ever been tested for diabetes type II, I know diabetics get a lot of problems with their eyes and the fact that you got pain in your eyes when you're hungry must mean there is a problem with circulation to your eyes or maybe anxiety attacks
I have my blood tested frequently, i don't have diabetes of any type. I have had this pain since i was a kid, can't leave the house without sunglasses neither stay too much time feeling hungry. My mom has the same issues

I have my blood tested frequently, i don't have diabetes of any type. I have had this pain since i was a kid, can't leave the house without sunglasses neither stay too much time feeling hungry. My mom has the same issues
I know that I have to eat because I get IBS and the doctor said never don't eat it will upset the bowel
The only problem I get with wearing sunglasses is when I take them off The light is too bright, but I think it's because I was wearing ray bans and they Have dark green lenses.
Wish I could afford them again they helped a lot

I'm uncomfortable with really bright sunlight, and very bright lights. during an eye examination they only got to take one photograph of the back of one of my eyes (they use images to track change) I couldn't allow them to take a picture of my other eye.
The profanity that escaped through my mouth was confirmation they weren't going to get that second picture.

If your teeth are all okay (no lurking infections) your sinuses aren't infected, you aren't experiencing a reaction to things like pollen, animal dander, dust, you aren't spending your days with your teeth clenched and shoulders up around your ears held fast in tension, you're eating regularly and generally well enough in all other respects,
Go for an eye test. It will either rule in or rule out your eyes as the source of headaches or discomfort.

Never been able to cope with bright lights and so thankful for sun glasses. But since a month, I am having eye soreness and as I type this, my eyes are screaming at me.

Never been able to cope with bright lights and so thankful for sun glasses. But since a month, I am having eye soreness and as I type this, my eyes are screaming at me.
There is a herb called eyebright which is made specifically for the eyes or chamomile tea bags which I soaked in milk is good for eye soreness

I'm uncomfortable with really bright sunlight, and very bright lights. during an eye examination they only got to take one photograph of the back of one of my eyes (they use images to track change) I couldn't allow them to take a picture of my other eye.
The profanity that escaped through my mouth was confirmation they weren't going to get that second picture.

If your teeth are all okay (no lurking infections) your sinuses aren't infected, you aren't experiencing a reaction to things like pollen, animal dander, dust, you aren't spending your days with your teeth clenched and shoulders up around your ears held fast in tension, you're eating regularly and generally well enough in all other respects,
Go for an eye test. It will either rule in or rule out your eyes as the source of headaches or discomfort.

Oh my :confused::tearsofjoy:, yeah i guess i got my eye tested with that exam once.

My health and teeth are ok and i go to the ophthalmologist almost every year, my eyes are always healthy apart from some refractive errors.

The pain is a physiological thing since i have it since i was a child, it couldn't be pathological. I guess it's a extreme physiological body response to hunger, maybe it's some evolutionary mechanism so that my body will force me to feed it... (maybe i am just tripping :tearsofjoy:) I have studied a bit of biochemistry and when there isn't enough glucose in the blood, the body(muscles mainly) starts to use ketone bodies as a source of energy, but since some tissues like brain and eyes cannot use those, they need glucose, so the pain must be some kind of alarm telling me: "what do you think you're doing? Get me some glucose you idiot"

And since my mother too has it, must be a genetic thing. I was hoping that someone other than us would have it.

Last edited:
I know that I have to eat because I get IBS and the doctor said never don't eat it will upset the bowel
The only problem I get with wearing sunglasses is when I take them off The light is too bright, but I think it's because I was wearing ray bans and they Have dark green lenses.
Wish I could afford them again they helped a lot

I am not sure Zenni Optical operates out of the, USA, but probably does. You need to have your prescription information to order from them, but you can get regular glasses from them for as little as $7.00. They also do sunglasses, which cost more, but are still way cheaper than other lrescription sunglasses. I am not sure how bad shipping will be. It is possible that cost, will cancel out other savings, but it is probably worth checking into.

There is a herb called eyebright which is made specifically for the eyes or chamomile tea bags which I soaked in milk is good for eye soreness

Thanks, but "eyebright" made specifically for yes? In truth, sounds a tad suspicious.

I remember someone took my advice about using aloe vera and when I saw them again, they said: sorry, it did not work. Now, because I have so much faith in this, I asked to see the aloe vera and she showed me a tube she had purchased from the chemist and I looked at the ingredients and sure enough: only about 10% aloe vera and thus, why it wasn't working!

I am using something called: optrex and it does seem to calm my eyes down. Think it is hormonal.

Thanks, but "eyebright" made specifically for yes? In truth, sounds a tad suspicious.

I remember someone took my advice about using aloe vera and when I saw them again, they said: sorry, it did not work. Now, because I have so much faith in this, I asked to see the aloe vera and she showed me a tube she had purchased from the chemist and I looked at the ingredients and sure enough: only about 10% aloe vera and thus, why it wasn't working!

I am using something called: optrex and it does seem to calm my eyes down. Think it is hormonal.
Eyebright is a flower ,it was found to work well for eyes,people use it as a tonic underneath the eye also Yarrow another flower weed,quarter of a litre of boiling water is poured over One heaped teaspoon of yarrow infused for a short time then sipped, also works for migraines as well also giddiness, nausea,nosebleeds.

My eyes are driving me crazy.
I've had chronic dry eye syndrome for many years and used Restasis prescription drops. Suddenly about a year ago they started burning, tearing, aching and constantly red/bloodshot looking.
I am now also using prescription antihistimine drops, lotemax gel at bedtime (cortisone), natural tears all day and just recently Bromsite, a prescription drop that is an NSAID for the pain. Prescription sunglasses help outside.
Supplements the doctor recommended for the eyes were flaxseed oil or Omega Fish oil caps and vitamin E. Plus a long list of anti-inflammatory supplements. Nothing is helping much.
Waiting on the results of a Visual Evoked Response test for optic neuritis. So far, chronic dry eye is the only answer I have gotten.
Yes, anxiety makes them worse. But, can't tell hunger does anything to make it worse. I'm not diabetic either.

You should ask your doctor about chronic dry eye.

I've had chronic dry eye syndrome for many years and used Restasis prescription drops. Suddenly about a year ago they started burning, tearing, aching and constantly red/bloodshot looking.
I am now also using prescription antihistimine drops, lotemax gel at bedtime (cortisone), natural tears all day and just recently Bromsite, a prescription drop that is an NSAID for the pain. Prescription sunglasses help outside.
Supplements the doctor recommended for the eyes were flaxseed oil or Omega Fish oil caps and vitamin E. Plus a long list of anti-inflammatory supplements. Nothing is helping much.
Waiting on the results of a Visual Evoked Response test for optic neuritis. So far, chronic dry eye is the only answer I have gotten.
Yes, anxiety makes them worse. But, can't tell hunger does anything to make it worse. I'm not diabetic either.

Camomile tea bag boiled in milk is very good for your eyes if they are sore

Eyebright is a flower ,it was found to work well for eyes,people use it as a tonic underneath the eye also Yarrow another flower weed,quarter of a litre of boiling water is poured over One heaped teaspoon of yarrow infused for a short time then sipped, also works for migraines as well also giddiness, nausea,nosebleeds.

Wow, thanks so much for this, streetwise ( wise not just in street either):);)

Wow, thanks so much for this, streetwise ( wise not just in street either):);)
Nah just have a book on herbal medicine, I know common ones like everyone does,mint is designed for women's pain for some strange reason .
Look up culpepper on google he was the English herbalist ,
Mine comes from Maria treben an Austrian woman.

That happens to me when it's really sunny. I'm not even looking directly into the sun, yet it feels like my eyes are falling out of their sockets. I don't know why.

I know, right. I wonder how will it be driving at night with all those car headlights :eek:
I've been trying to get my driving license for about a year now, the test will be tomorrow :O

Aloe vera for what? For the eyes?

Now that you mention it i really have a little itch often
but i never really bothered to the point of doing something about it. The doctor only says that i must stop scratching it.

That happens to me when it's really sunny. I'm not even looking directly into the sun, yet it feels like my eyes are falling out of their sockets. I don't know why.
I knowwwwww, right! Feels like someone is smashing down and outside the sockets at the same time. When it happens(which is often) i have to get specific analgesic, close them off and just lie down there in the dark waiting, or else it won't stop

New Threads

Top Bottom