• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Expectations for regularity of contact

I gave him many options for making friends, but he didn't want any of it. Instead, he wanted me to spend hours a day on the phone keeping him company.

I have the same problem with my mom. She has lots of acquaintances and spends time doing all kinds of things for people at church...but most of her relationships are "one-up" or "one-down"...most of the time she's the "rescuer", solving the other person's problems, and can't be real with them.

I don't have all the answers...still trying to figure it out...and trying to mostly focus on what I need to fix in myself rather than focusing on all of her issues. But that has necessitated pulling away from her enough to get my head out of the sand and see things for how they really are as much as I can.

...still trying to figure it out...and trying to mostly focus on what I need to fix in myself rather than focusing on all of her issues. But that has necessitated pulling away from her enough to get my head out of the sand and see things for how they really are as much as I can.

Parents are difficult to deal with. We're so used to being the child, but after a while, they start to seem more childish. It's hard to wrap my head around. :confused:

See, I kind of have the problem backwards. I think I contact people too much. Is there like a maximum number of texts to send a friend asking if they're free before it starts to get weird? I don't know.

New Threads

Top Bottom