• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever think about alternative universes?

Dillon

i’ve always wonder ever since I was younger and even now if there are alternative universes or realities besides this one we live in. From
Star Wars, Star Trek and other Sci-fi movies, I always imagine there are universes like those with mythical creatures, droids, space battles you name it. Space is endless no telling what else is out there. There could be a battle going on we don’t know about of a clone trooper army and battle droids in this universe thousands of light years away or in a totally different one universe.

I also sometimes feel like I’m in a dream that this reality is sometimes not real. My mind feels like it will get sucked into a false realization that I’m not physically here but spiritually and my physical body is somewhere else if that makes sense. I’ll be sitting in class and sometimes I’m like is this even real, is this actually happening. To be honest I wish sometimes this reality I live in was not real.

All of this may sound weird as I do have weird thoughts like this when my mind wonders. One can only imagine of such things that maybe real.

I think about alternate worlds all the time. Wondering if there's one out there that has people that I can relate to and be a part of that society like NT's here on Earth.

To be honest I wish sometimes this reality I live in was not real.
Agree.
I don't fantasize much on alternate realities, but, I do really enjoy documentaries about the subject.
The physics and possiblities are astronomical. :rolleyes:
Totally fascinating to me I can get hyperfocused on this when watching documentaries that use physics to explain how it is already practically a proven.
I watched one today and the mathmatical equations fit with the holographic universe they said.
Also the theories on bending space time and worm holes to other dimensions, dark matter, multiverses,
all really grab my attention.
Fascinating...as my favourite Vulcan would say.

When I go snorkling; while swimming in a clear ocean, I fall into a feeling I'm a new species entering water.... probably the closest I'll get to some kind of meditation ☺

Alternative realities interest me. There is a SF book series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, The Long Earth, which explores alternative realities, the idea that infinite alternative Earths exist and people find a way to reach them through a simple device powered by a potato, and each Earth is just slightly difference, or had a slightly different evolution with often strange consequences.

How did I miss that?

In some universes it may be powered by a turnip.
On an alternative Mars (a Mars that people fly to from one of the alternative Earths), the devices can be powered by a kind of native fleshy tubular plant :)
The Beagles are interesting in that series, kind of dog people, and First Person Singular.

Mostly to develop words.
Words that express the 'alien-ness'
of the day to day existence of beings that aren't human
and live in a place that isn't Earth.

Generator Land: Some Basic InterEntity Vocabulary Words/AU
A couple examples from the above:
Lanoop means ' teething toy for a snarr'.
Alpammer means ' lumpy pillows'.
Salell means ' underdeveloped beans'.

Generator Land: Off-World Word Pairs: OPPOSITES
Examples:
he and bâtz = scatter/collect
ghô and åg = clamorous/tranquil
flì and ïrd = with frond/without fronds

I also sometimes feel like I’m in a dream that this reality is sometimes not real. My mind feels like it will get sucked into a false realization that I’m not physically here but spiritually and my physical body is somewhere else if that makes sense. I’ll be sitting in class and sometimes I’m like is this even real, is this actually happening. To be honest I wish sometimes this reality I live in was not real.
Same here. That's my best assessment on my reality, but I wish it was real, not just a dream. The thought of living in a dream means you're alone, which is a very stressful thought.

If every thought created a universe,similar to Multiverse theory level 3 :

• Level III: A kind of space different from the space-time of our universe exists (called "Hilbert space," which is infinite-dimensional and abstract), where the laws of quantum mechanics generate multiple universes via innumerable branchings. (This is based on taking seriously the quantum wave function, which is a probability amplitude of the quantum state of the system.) The universe branches into different whole-world realities with every tick of time, whether at every Planck time, which is 10^-43 seconds (the time it takes a photon, traveling at the speed of light, to travel one Planck length, 10^-35 m), or at every instant of time when an observation is made. These other whole worlds would not be far away in terms of our kind of space — so in a sense they are right here — but branched out immensely into this different kind of (Hilbert) space. (This is the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics, devised by the then relatively unknown physicist Hugh Everett in 1957 and now enjoying new respectability.)

I have always created imaginary stories, sometimes in imaginary universes, in my mind. I am quite sure that is all they are, just figments of my imagination. But as far as what could be occurring in the universe at large, who knows? There is currently no scientific evidence of extraterrestial lifeforms, but its a pretty big place and so far we can only scratch the surface so to speak.

I have always created imaginary stories, sometimes in imaginary universes, in my mind. I am quite sure that is all they are, just figments of my imagination. But as far as what could be occurring in the universe at large, who knows? There is currently no scientific evidence of extraterrestial lifeforms, but its a pretty big place and so far we can only scratch the surface so to speak.

Tom, you are an imaginary figure in one of my imaginary universes.

As figments go,you're not one of my best creations, but to be fair I didn't spend too much time on you.

Overall though, I'm quite pleased with how you manifest.

5cd1c6b53da0831ad32633db683cfc16.jpg

Tom, you are an imaginary figure in one of my imaginary universes.

As figments go,you're not one of my best creations, but to be fair I didn't spend too much time on you.

Overall though, I'm quite pleased with how you manifest.

Good enough for Government work, as they say.

You don't exist in mine, which is probably good, as most end up eaten by zombies.

I just watched a video about this today, I have an obsession with these guys youtube channel:

Yes, I am utterly fascinated by the idea of a "many worlds" theory of alternate universes, whether they are simply decision branches of "our" universe, or wholly different universes completely. There is a certain comfort knowing that there must therefore be a universe where your "twin" hadn't made the mistakes you regret, had a different life, etc. Of course equally true is a universe where your "twin" made other or worse mistakes.

OTOH, if there are an infinite number of universes out there, that Star Wars universe is likely to exist I would think...

There is a certain comfort knowing that there must therefore be a universe where your "twin" hadn't made the mistakes you regret, had a different life, etc. Of course equally true is a universe where your "twin" made other or worse mistakes

No doubt there would also be some sort of
Comorbid synaesthesia..
Where you feel the pain of what your twin in the other universe was feeling...

Last edited:
From "Mirror, Mirror" (Star Trek TOS) to "Sliders".

Sure, the concept fascinates me, much like Time Travel. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom