• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever get in trouble for a facial expression?

Just clarifying if you were quoting me or not. I usually eye roll due to impatience and/or aggravation.
Would you mind providing example of how eye rolling is used as defensive reaction? I honestly don’t understand how someone would use an eye roll defensively. Thx.
I was referring to topic starter.

Don't know about "in trouble." Maybe as a child?

I tend to get a blank look on my face when someone confronts me emotionally. They get angry because I'm not responding like an NT does when confronted in a strongly emotional way. Apparently the interpretation is that I just don't care.

I've also lost multiple jobs during the interview because of too little or too much eye contact. What a silly thing to judge an applicant by! But the interpretation is that lack of eye contact is dishonesty and too much is a challenge. And those judgments would be different in different cultures.

I've also lost multiple jobs during the interview because of too little or too much eye contact. What a silly thing to judge an applicant by! But the interpretation is that lack of eye contact is dishonesty and too much is a challenge. And those judgments would be different in different cultures.

Don't NTs have anything better to do than to think about how much eye contact your making? Shouldn't they be focused on your questions/answers instead?

Ever get in trouble for a facial expression?
Yes. Smiling too much. Probably looking like a creep or something. I sometimes 'set' my face when I'm out and then realise it was 'too' set.

New Threads

Top Bottom