• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Eurovision

we never win because of the political voting that goes on,

I know, it's taken all the fun out of it that's why I don't watch it anymore. Politics wrecks everything, the whole programme is a waste of time....

I know, it's taken all the fun out of it that's why I don't watch it anymore. Politics wrecks everything, the whole programme is a waste of time....

To be honest, I don't think there was so much of that this year. Given that Portugal won with a resounding victory and they have never won before (53 years since they first entered) seems to show that people actually voted for the song they liked best. I mean, they're all wrong because the song was boring as all hell, but yeah.

Meh, the last time UK entered a good song was 36 years ago when Bucks Fizz won with "Making your mind up".

I still haven't heard this year's UK entry yet, and I don't care enough to scour Google Play to download it.

Meh, the last time UK entered a good song was 36 years ago when Bucks Fizz won with "Making your mind up".

I still haven't heard this year's UK entry yet, and I don't care enough to scour Google Play to download it.

The most westerly country in mainland Europe wins for the first time in over 50 years. Will that shut up all those naysayers complaining that only eastern European countries can win?

Other countries that have yet to win: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia*, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia.

* Not won as a sovereign nation, but Yugoslavia's only win (1989) was from SR Croatia, hence the contest being held in Zagreb the following year

I heard good impressions but I sadly don’t glorify music events or singers, I feel as if the artist of the song does not matter as long as it is good.

Music to me is only to be listened to once in a while to stimulate and that is it, I rarely have had any favorite artists accept for a few but mostly when I was younger.

I am sorry for looking like my answer has nothing to do with the topic but I really don’t take music as a big deal compared to other people and follow all the artists or go to their shows, concerts, or events.

The most westerly country in mainland Europe wins for the first time in over 50 years. Will that shut up all those naysayers complaining that only eastern European countries can win?
This year was another win by a western European nation - The Netherlands for the first time in 44 years. (Congratulations @Bolletje !) That's twice as long as the time elapsed since the UK's last win. For those Brits who say "we can't win because the rest of Europe hates us", check out this Eurovision blog entry:
10 reasons why we love the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest.

Looking ahead to next year's contest - the usual Eurovision presenter line-up is a male-female pair. Could that be a job for The Netherlands' most successful musical export 2 Unlimited?!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom