• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Environment Sensitivity

wanderer03

This winter has been especially difficult for me. The wild temperature swings have wrecked havoc with my circadian rhythm. I'm sure it has been detrimental to my mental health to some degree because my body does not seem to know what season it is anymore. I tend to do better with routine in every aspect of my life. It's messed with me when the temp goes from 60s to 30s.

Yep...what can you say when it's 71 degrees and two days later it's snowing?

Not easy for me to acclimate to either. :eek:

I know in the case of a former girlfriend's daughter, as she'd show a number of symptoms in extremely hot weather. Poor kid..it would at times literally make her sick.

The lack of ability to acclimate has made it very hard, especially when I deal better with cold than heat. I have a feeling that this will be a scorching summer.

There hasn't been a real winter in France this year. I otherwise adjust pretty well as long as the temperatures are right for the season. 4°C in winter will be quite well, but 20°C will be too hot during winter and too cold during summer. When I went to Egypt a few years back I acclimated very fast to the very hot temperater, but they were "normal". My main problem during winter is the shorter length of daylight.

New Threads

Top Bottom