• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

employment issue

How long should one person do a certain job then require the company to pay them what industry standards are for that job? Right now, lately, I have been funding/purchasing mortgage loans yet company has not paid me but what they hired me for which was a clerk so get files ready for approval. I should get 5k more to do this new job I have been doing

I think 1 - 3 years at least is a good time to prove yourself. 3 months is a bit short for an increase, unless you have leverage with another (pending) job offer in another company that pays more. Of course, it seems the company r your particular boss is making you miserable on the other hand. So, maybe the professional "pushing" is good. It is risky, but in your situation might be worth it to consider asking another boss of another department about your interest in changing. Just say things like you'll most likely be a better fit in the new company. Don't say anything negative about the current department or the company you're in.

I think that you may be overlooking an important element here- politics. All of your coworkers can get what they want because if one of them is denied a request for 'silly' reasons, that person can raise a fuss and get popular support. If you are seen as a social outsider, you stand alone and are thus an easy target, you are in effect marginalized. I said before and reiterate here, that a professional diagnosis of your condition will help you! All kinds of doors to help will open. I assure you, more good than harm will result. No one is going to take your child away, and from what you say about your workplace, how can it be worse? Firing you would be a blatant violation of the EEO and ADA acts! They would have to prove that terminating you was not due to your disability.

I would put in for your time off in advance and once approved, take it no matter what. Be unreachable during your days off and don't feel guilty about it. Do not be checking work email or voice mail.

There is a thing called work life balance and it is very important to your overall well being and sanity.

As someone else pointed out, long weekends are a great way to use your time off if you don't want to take a whole week at once. Take a Friday and Monday off, for example.

what really shocks me is she is a strong Christian .. . .

Religion is a personal thing and one's choice. The appearance of religion is that you are a morally righteous person. However, "everyone is filled with sin." Someone could be agnostic or atheist and a great person to work with or under, while another person could be who is deeply religious under a certain denomination may not have high moral values that are not about himself/herself.

Also, I think midlife's suggestion about a diagnosis is interesting if you don't already have one. Getting a professional diagnosis can be expensive though. On top of that, even if you have one, if you don't know where you can find help, and if help is not available in the area you are in, then it may not be so beneficial for you. If you know you are or would probably be eligible for help that would benefit you, but maybe in a different area, it may be worth it to move to an area where you can get those kind of services.

Most importantly, you have to choose yourself whether you should take certain risks or continue with what you have. You seem like a great person that would be wonderful to have as a colleague, and I hope you find a way so that you are being treated as you rightfully deserve for the work that you do.

New Threads

Top Bottom