• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Emotional bursts

Shaun-Junior Bishop

Hi,

I've just got some questions if anyone could please help,

I tend to have outbursts of emotions and I dont understand why. They are not brought on by anything, I have no train of thought while it happens and I can just be sat doing nothing and I burst into tears for about 5 seconds and then the emotion is completely gone. It happens with laughing and uncontrollable smiling too. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also I have these moments where my whole body will seize up and it will just tense up like I'm going to explode and then within a few seconds it passes. Are these common traits of a person on the spectrum?

How long have you had this? Is it something you've always had or something that's just started happening?

How long have you had this? Is it something you've always had or something that's just started happening?
The emotional outbursts I've always had, it's just something I thought was normal. The tensing up became alot more noticeable when I realised I had autism and I started to get anxious of how I was asking so I think because I was forcefully hiding traits I was causing an imbalance in emotional regulation but I'm not sure.

It could be more depression. Or since it involves both ends of the emotional spectrum, bipolar? I do remember times in my life that were so bad, I'd be shaking nervously for no reason.
I do tense up - well, I'm ALWAYS tense. lol I will notice that I'm so tense my shoulders are practically touching my ears so I will try to relax my shoulders, and not even a minute later my shoulders are tense and back up at my ears.

Hi,

I've just got some questions if anyone could please help,

I tend to have outbursts of emotions and I dont understand why. They are not brought on by anything, I have no train of thought while it happens and I can just be sat doing nothing and I burst into tears for about 5 seconds and then the emotion is completely gone. It happens with laughing and uncontrollable smiling too. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also I have these moments where my whole body will seize up and it will just tense up like I'm going to explode and then within a few seconds it passes. Are these common traits of a person on the spectrum?

I think others advise about seeing a therapist or doctor is good. Also, if you are autistic, triggers and over stimulation will cause a flood of cortisol and Adrenalin that makes me sometimes nauseous and cry.

If what you are feeling is caused by triggers and over stimulation (we get emotionally over stimulated too), then this share might be of some help at least in understanding.

Hope you find the key to peace of mind and quality of life. All the best to you, dear fellow ND.

New Threads

Top Bottom