• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Email Alerts wont go away!!

Hi, I recently unchecked the email alert boxes in my preferences and im still getting lots of emails from my alerts.
Have i missed something?
Is there a delay?
Or is this a glitch that needs to be fixed?

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I recently unchecked the email alert boxes in my preferences and im still getting lots of emails from my alerts.
Have i missed something?
Is there a delay?

PLEASE HELP!!
Email alerts are annoying. I've long since given up on email lmao. I only log into it if I need to recover a password... and I have a special filter set up for them so I don't even have to glance at my inbox, I bet I have a million unread messages lmao

Email is like junk mail on steroids.

Hmmm.. im very anal with my emails...must check constantly and keep it clean lol

Maybe ill just set the aspie emails to spam.. but then again, what if i miss an important notice or something?

Hmmm.. im very anal with my emails...must check constantly and keep it clean lol

Maybe ill just set the aspie emails to spam.. but then again, what if I miss an important notice or something?
@Jennacide I am very meticulous regarding the maintenance of my inbox as well. I will tell you I have all the AspiesCentral alerts and messaging dumping to my junk folder (outlook). once they started populating there, I went in and approved the ones I wanted to drop into my inbox. I get a ton of them as well. I am trying a test and have deselected all the alerts and messaging from my account to see if I still get them like you do. I'm new here but certainly there has to be a techie person more intimately involved with the site that has a solution for you. I'm Romulan so maybe we can join forces and get this remedied. : )

Hahaha you does have the romulan eyebrows :p

George Newman was a famous English cricketer and now makes assorted tasty sauces that you can buy at the grocery store...is that you? lol

let me know how the emails go please.

but what if i miss an important notice about the site or something?

Plus there is option to turn off the email alerts and they dont work.. i think that should be known

Hahaha you does have the romulan eyebrows :p

George Newman was a famous English cricketer and now makes assorted tasty sauces that you can buy at the grocery store...is that you? lol

let me know how the emails go please.
The one and only, George Christopher Newman. Back from the dead oddly enough with romulan eyebrows. Good fun. I was told that I should not use my real name because bad people could trick me and do bad things to me. I was scared and did as I was told. Thus the use of George Newman.

Have i missed something?
Is there a delay?
If you replied to any threads before changing your email notification preferences, you will still get notices about the earlier threads.

For those, go to the top of the thread page and click on "Unwatch Thread." If you still wish to watch said thread without email notification, click on "Watch Thread" (in the same location) and uncheck the email notification box during that process.

If you replied to any threads before changing your email notification preferences, you will still get notices about the earlier threads.

For those, go to the top of the thread page and click on "Unwatch Thread." If you still wish to watch said thread without email notification, click on "Watch Thread" (in the same location) and uncheck the email notification box during that process.

thanks :) ill give it a go... bit of a bloody hassle though lol

Why would you mark them as spam when you can simply turn them off? As already mentioned, you have an entire preferences area to customize your account how you see fit: https://www.aspiescentral.com/account/preferences

For existing threads you are already watching you can manage them here: https://www.aspiescentral.com/watched/threads/all

I did that, but turns out it doesnt count for previous watched threads :/

and yeah had to go through all the previous ones individually...bit of a hassle lol

New Threads

Top Bottom