• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Driving

@Nitro This can be yours, it could be for sale :p

Bradley GT 01.jpg

Back on topic, if it matters...

Here in Canada, I've been driving with a manual transmission for most of my driving since 1997 (except for three years), driving with a stick shift simply becomes second nature to me now... Frankly, I don't want a small car that is an automatic, I like having more control of the driving experience...

And any non-sports car with a V6 engine or bigger is likely only sold here as an automatic :emojiconfused:

I still recall my cousin's 79 Honda Accord. It had the most obnoxious clutch I had ever depressed.

You push it down and it pushed back- hard! Quite a beast. Though in my experience this was an exception and not the rule. I sure had good luck with my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS clutch. Lasted as long as I had the car- 17 years.

I'm 21 and I've only recently started learning to drive. I've been driving in an automatic car, and I think if I had to use a manual I'd be doing a lot worse than I am now. I had difficulty at first with coordinating everything + paying attention and processing what's going on, but it's getting easier, especially as muscle memory kicks in and I don't have to pay as much attention to trying to coordinate what I want to do.

I had private instructor training at age 19 in an automatic transmission car.
Never tried a manual stick shift. Never want to.
Driving is necessary to get from point A to point B and that's all it means to me.
Still can't fully relax when driving, yet I have never been pulled over nor gotten
any type of traffic ticket and I've been driving for 46 years.

I still recall my cousin's 79 Honda Accord. It had the most obnoxious clutch I had ever depressed.

You push it down and it pushed back- hard! Quite a beast. Though in my experience this was an exception and not the rule. I sure had good luck with my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS clutch. Lasted as long as I had the car- 17 years.

I used to run Borg & Beck six roller racing pressure plates in a lot of my streetmachines.
The street/strip versions only had three rollers, but I wanted nothing but the best I could buy.
The rollers were trapped between the curve on the clutch cover and ramps cast into the actual pressure plate.
As the engine was revved up, it tried to fling the rollers out of their grooves and the curve of the clutch cover served to help them apply even more pressure to the clutch lining than the coil springs could resulting in a tighter launch.
I believe the pedal pressure was up around 75 pounds which was extreme for by skinny little 135 pound frame when I was a pup.

When you tached it way up, the pedal pressure would increase.
It got to the point that when I rolled up to a light, I would clutch it into neutral so I didn't have to keep it depressed because when I did for an extended period of time, I had to stiff leg it to hold it and it would make trash my lower back then make my knee first shake, then buckle.

The stuff kids will put themselves thru just to have a competitive edge :p

(I only physically blew up one clutch in my entire career in a '69 Camaro
Had an oops moment and paid the price) :neutral:

Last edited:
@Nitro This can be yours, it could be for sale :p

View attachment 82854
Na, I'll pass :p

We still have the Bradley GT in our possession.
(go figure, I come from a long line of hoarders)
If I ever get around to it, I would like to tube chassis it and transplant a front drive supercharged Buick 3800 engine and transaxle into the rear of it to make it a Ferrari killer :cool:

So much to do, so little time...

New Threads

Top Bottom