• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dream Technology

Well, for one, we're getting closer to portable super computing. Look at the smartphones of today - they're several times quicker than desktops from a decade or so ago. I'm surprised that no one notices that the device they carry on their hip is just that powerful in comparison.

Also looking forward to paper thin display technology, namely high definition - imagine video being streamed on a display no thicker than tenths of millimeters. Gets me stoked thinking about it :)

A true version of the "Skinjob" robots from the Battlestar Galactica TV series. They or them where a special version of "Cylons" that look identical to us humans. None would be able to see any differences between them and us. These Cylons would talk and think and behave just like any of us do.

Maybe the Cylons would lack real empathy and only show technical empathy or them would lack the ability to love selflessly so that is a not so easy human feature to give them that ability in the TV series. Some of the cylons did want to get that feature and them was envy of humans having it.

But such a Bot would be good to have as a friend. Humans are incredibly choosy if that is the right word for it while a bot could be programmed to be tolerant and loyal to the person programming it?

Just a naive dream I ahve

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom