• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dream Jobs

Geordie

Geordie
Assuming that we are gifted in any way we liked, and that the job we do lawful nature, then what's our dream jobs?

Assuming that we are gifted in any way we liked, and that the job we do lawful nature, then what's our dream jobs?

Hi.

I luckily have my dream job now. I do software testing from home, remotely. It is only part-time work but it is great to work for a company that allows me to work from my apartment.

My last job I worked full-time in Manhattan in an office; It was a software company and a good job but I was surrounded by people for 8-9 hours a day, 5-days a week. All the noise and chaos did not always work for me (I am very sensitive to sound). I did this for 2 1/2 years.

I am looking to return full-time to working in an office with software but I am somewhat leery of returning in such an environment.

Hi.

I luckily have my dream job now. I do software testing from home, remotely. It is only part-time work but it is great to work for a company that allows me to work from my apartment.

Hey NeverEnder, you're really lucky. :) Good for you!

My dream job is being a medical doctor, but I hope to go to Uganda and practise, it's good for the world and I'll help save lives. I hope to be a pediatrician there. But for now, I'm content with what I am doing. I am a business student...

I've always wanted to be a musician. I've found it quite a challenge to find and maintain a band, though. I suspect there is something faulty with my interactions with people when I try and work with them creatively. The worst for me was when I found myself kicked out of two bands in a year - that was a bit demoralising.

I also wouldn't mind being an academic, along the human rights and/or politics field.

The worst for me was when I found myself kicked out of two bands in a year - that was a bit demoralising.

From what I know, bands are a platform for conflicting egos. It's a good training ground, but not the best platform, for artistes. Still, we can perform music in various other ways, and band is not the only way.

Being an academic is cool. At least your ideas, and not just your personality, will strand to bring you far.

My dream job would be teaching history. Military history has been one of my most consistant obsessions. I enjoy talking about it and learning more about it. Want to be able to do that every day =D

From what I know, bands are a platform for conflicting egos. It's a good training ground, but not the best platform, for artistes. Still, we can perform music in various other ways, and band is not the only way.

Being an academic is cool. At least your ideas, and not just your personality, will strand to bring you far.

If you find the right people, being in a band is pretty cool. For a time, I was pretty close with my bandmates. I don't talk to one set of bandmates, but I'm still friendly with the other set. I'm still keen on finding a band though, because I really enjoy playing music. Back then, I wasn't in treatment, nor did I know that I was even autistic, but now that I have that information, I hope that I can work on my interactions with people and avoid my mistakes. I think in hindsight, with the first band, I tried to take over and the others didn't like it. I don't know what happened with my second band still, though.

Academia is an interesting world. It can be both competitive and supportive at the same time. I think it largely depends on pot luck as to what you'll get.

My dream job would be teaching history. Military history has been one of my most consistant obsessions. I enjoy talking about it and learning more about it. Want to be able to do that every day =D

Heh, not really related to the topic but I was reading up on WWII again these past few days. I have a few books on WWII - one on Stalingrad, one on the last days of Berlin - which are both pretty good. I spent a while admiring the tactics of Gotthard Heinrici.

Academia is an interesting world. It can be both competitive and supportive at the same time. I think it largely depends on pot luck as to what you'll get.

Well, if I ever really involve in academia, I'll be both scared and excited about it for the reasons stated above.

I'd like to become a successful performer and have a business attached to the music career with a whole bunch of products, clothing collections, interior design collections, and on and on. I want to squeeze everything possible out of that career. Plus I want to finish my books and get all my crazy points out there :D oh yeah! I want to become a bulldozer (or any other heavy machinery you can imagine) crashing through common sense and beliefs about what's possible!!! here're we go some exclamation points :) I AM THE ONE ... MWA HA-HA-HA-HA hear my evil laugh
Don't mind me. I have a weird sense of humor :)
Anyway... I still have hopes and surprisingly so do my parents and my husband and a friend and ...not sure who else. :)
Long time ago a doctor told to my mom: "your daughter will never walk, she will never be normal" so here I am walking talking human being (they were right about normal though :) )
Later my professor told me if I quit my postgraduate and don't finish my crazy project I will never make it anywhere else. I told her that I would go to US ( I just said it without thinking I wasn't planning to come here at that time :) ) and make it big... I haven't done it yet but I still have hope
lots of people said, "you're all talk" well I guess there's some truth in it. Instead of working on my website I'm here typing this post :) well, maybe it's time to go and do something about my life! :)

I'm just giving myself a pep talk. If I don't do it nobody will :)

Sounds very realistic. Are you trying to achieve it somehow?

I would have been a fashion designer, since I love colors and clothes. I did do cosmetic sales for five years and that was enjoyable.

I totally agree with luck of the draw! I've enjoyed working in academia, but it depends on who you work with.

If I like an academic area and I like the people in the academic discipline, I think being an academic will be awesome.

But this will have to wait -

My dream job... I guess it would be to serve as the Chairman of my own multinational conglomerate.

It would focus on research and development, electronics, media, automobiles, real estate development, and the list goes on...

But, realistically, I would love to be either a Psychologist or a high school history teacher.

i would love to be a medical researcher looking for the cure for - old age!
in reality, i failed my final exams in high school, so i dont have a high school diploma. maybe things wouldve been different if i was diagnosed earlier. i thought i was real dumb.
i'm thinking, seriously, of saving money, and at some point buying a microscop, read books about cell biology, medical books, chimistry etc. and then maybe experiment on my own cells which i'll overcome my disgust and fear of needles and take out myself. i've researched the subject on the internet a lot.
i'm also writing a book about an aspie girl struggling to fit in "normal" society, and a NT boy that befriends and studies a bunch of ETs.

Just anything I could do and make a living at that I wouldn't crash and shut down trying to do, probably something from home.

New Threads

Top Bottom